Post by onoriotorti » Wed May 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi there everyone,
I'm using opencart v 2.2 and my website is www.cattex.com
I had a question regarding the newsletter located in Admin>Marketing>mail
I see there are several option to choose who recives the newsletter but there is no way to send it only to people in some countrys.

For example my store is located in Italy, so my italian newsletter should be received only by italian customers who are subscribed to the service,
at the same time we also have good customers in the rest of the world so they should also receive a newsletter in english.

Is there a way to acheive this, even by using a module or something. I have found a solution for an older version of opencart but obviously doesn't work in 2.2

any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks.

Post by kestas » Wed May 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi,

If you did not find in OC marketpalce or using google, you can place request to the commercial support.

Cheers

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by onoriotorti » Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 pm

I have eventually resolved this by sending a general newsletter in italian to all subscribers, with a link to the html version in english on the very top for who requires it!
I am still interested in knowing if there is a way to send according to country but for the moment i will work like this.

Post by yodapt » Tue May 15, 2018 7:52 pm

By default there is no way. A workaround would be to check the customer's country right before sending the email so that it gets delivered in the desired language.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by Johnathan » Tue May 15, 2018 8:54 pm

If you wanted to go with MailChimp instead of the default OpenCart newsletter functionality, my MailChimp Integration maps the address data to a merge field in MailChimp, and you can then use that for segmentation data. That would allow you to target specific customers by their location, like you're describing. It would of course involve signing up with MailChimp, but they have a free-tier plan that may work for you, depending on the number of customers you have.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator