Post by trixiemay » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:42 am

I am offering free digital downloads so do not have the need to show payment or shipping panels in the checkout.
Is there a vqmod or extention that will automatically remove this from my cart?
I am using OC2.2

Post by thekrotek » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:05 pm

If you want to offer free downloads, why, in the love of god, you need ecommerce platform then? Use WordPress or Joomla instead and don't bother yourself with extensions, which will disable core functionality of OpenCart.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by agatha65 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:47 am

To remove shipping details from checkout just set your products to Requires Shipping: No
and for free items set your payment module Free Checkout to Enabled.
You don't need additional extensions for that.

Suppliers Module - XML, CSV, XLS Product Feed Import and Update
Rich Snippets | Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags | WebP Images

Location - Canada, QC

Post by Johnathan » Tue May 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Agatha is right, it will still show the payment address and payment method steps, but customers will be able to complete orders without any payment. If you want to hide those steps, I do have a Hide Checkout Steps extension, so you can just have customers fills in the address, and then confirm the order.

(The address steps is required by OpenCart, so customers need to fill something in. However, if you're not using guest checkout, I could give you an additional edit for Hide Checkout Steps that will hide that step as well.)

Another option would be to not attach the download to the order system, and just place it in a directory on your server. That way anyone could access it without registering or having to complete an order. The downside to that is that you don't know who's downloading things, and literally anyone (including bots) could access it. Whether that works for your situation depends on what your goal is.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator