Post by fadey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:56 pm

Warning: mysqli::__construct(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [caching_sha2_password] in C:\Apache24\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 7Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/2054): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client in C:\Apache24\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 7Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\Apache24\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 10Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\Apache24\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 10Notice: Undefined variable: mysql in C:\Apache24\htdocs\install\controller\install\step_3.php on line 280Notice: Trying to get property 'connect_error' of non-object in C:\Apache24\htdocs\install\controller\install\step_3.php on line 280
I've been trying all day to solve this but honestly, I don't really know what I'm doing in the first place.
PHP version 7
Mysql 8.0.11
Apache 2.4.33

I double checked database/ username and password, everything seem to check out.
I do not work with mysql or php and I don't really know what those warnings and errors mean.

Thank you!
Last edited by fadey on Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by acx » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:39 am

Are you trying to install?

If so, select PDO instead of MySQLi and see if that works.

Extensions I've made (free):

Breadcrumbs for 2.3.0.2 & 3.0.2.0 Breadcrumb links for subcategories & parent category on product pages
Product Requests Allow customers to request notifications for sold out products
Abandoned Carts Send inquiries to abandoned carts to complete checkout or provide feedback
Ghost Orders Cleanup residue left behind by one page checkout addons

acx

Post by fadey » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:44 pm

I am trying to install, corrent.

Here's what happened when I did what you told me to:

Code: Select all

Failed to connect to database. Reason: 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client' 

Post by fadey » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:55 am

I reinstalled everything and this time wen't with php5 because .. maybe it helps?
I had some problems with windows env PATH variable, I managed to fix it.

Now we're getting this:

Code: Select all

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): Server sent charset (255) unknown to the client. Please, report to the developers in C:\Apache24\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 7Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2054): Server sent charset unknown to the client. Please, report to the developers in C:\Apache24\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 7Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\Apache24\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 10Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\Apache24\htdocs\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 10Notice: Undefined variable: mysql in C:\Apache24\htdocs\install\controller\install\step_3.php on line 280Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Apache24\htdocs\install\controller\install\step_3.php on line 280

Post by fadey » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:16 am

Solved.
Had to downgrade mysql from 8.x to 5.x.