Post by LongerVogue » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:30 pm

I'm using opencart ver 1.5.x. After migrating to the new hosting server, all photos, banner modules and backend menus are missing. I only did the normal migration procedure like restoring backup .tar file and sql. Link the db and create user for sql.

I can understand the photos are missing might be due to different path, how come the whole banner module also disappeared... What could be the problem. Please help.

I'm using default theme and there is no plugin installed. ???

Post by straightlight » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Ensure to have properly configured your config.php, admin/config.php files and .htaccess after moving the data to your new server.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by LongerVogue » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:57 am

Both config.php files are no problem. After double checking the image/data path, I found there is no image inside. Does it mean the previous hosting server cPanel has problem in backup process. Backup file size is 3.8GB, however after extracting and restoring to the new server it became 4kb...

Then I have to manually upload all the images to the image/data file.
After uploading some images, the banner finally works. However, the banner module starts to appear in each category page.

Any idea how to delete this banner module in each category page?

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:31 am

If your backup file do contain the image files in the image/data path and your current folders do not contain files inside the image/data, then yes - something went wrong during the transfer or during the extraction. As for the banner module: admin - > extensions - > extensions - > banner - > edit - > disabled (or uninstall the module).

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:22 am

Well, if your RESTORE was made by the regular built-in OC Admin functions,
it would not have added the CREATE TABLE `oc_ Code to the downloaded
DB-Copy, and if you then try to restore it to a virgin DB, it would not work.
Just in case... ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by LongerVogue » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:23 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:31 am
If your backup file do contain the image files in the image/data path and your current folders do not contain files inside the image/data, then yes - something went wrong during the transfer or during the extraction. As for the banner module: admin - > extensions - > extensions - > banner - > edit - > disabled (or uninstall the module).
Thank you so much straightlight. I thought by disabling banner module the entire banner will disappear including home page. Does it mean opencart changed its logic. The default setting for banner module is set to enabled, meaning it forces the banner to display in each category page. However, the position of banner module is messy. Is this the default setting problem or migration problem.

Post by LongerVogue » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:28 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:22 am
Well, if your RESTORE was made by the regular built-in OC Admin functions,
it would not have added the CREATE TABLE `oc_ Code to the downloaded
DB-Copy, and if you then try to restore it to a virgin DB, it would not work.
Just in case... ;)
Ernie
The backup was restored to a shared server through cpanel. Is this a virgin db. Actually it was quite a general process to backup and migrate a website to another server. However, the website in new server never display correctly such as alignment and images. Guess it might due to the diff version as I must downgrade the php version in order to install this opencart 1.5.x

Even the top logo is missing.

Then when I try to add logo in admin->system setting ->image->store logo, then click save. The whole webpage becomes.

Tried many times, still generate this connection lost page.
Is there any other way to get store logo displayed correctly. Where is the php file to define this store logo.

The weird thing is admin end only display correctly in chrome. For safari, it doesn't display properly.

Today in safari browser can see the back end structure. In the past few days, it just displayed as plain text...
Did I install a pirate opencart... How come the default settings are so messy...

Post by straightlight » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:08 pm

It has nothing to do with a pirated version or not ... it may simply be caused by .htaccess or an installed extension. I would, however, suggest to use the developers kit and see in the console tab for any error messages.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by LongerVogue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:04 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:08 pm
It has nothing to do with a pirated version or not ... it may simply be caused by .htaccess or an installed extension. I would, however, suggest to use the developers kit and see in the console tab for any error messages.
You mean the default .htaccess has problem? This file appears neither in root nor public_html. Must I edit it. So far there is no extension installed. All are default opencart with default template. How to retrieve the store logo in server btw. The admin end seems to have problem also...

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:06 am

Have you tested the admin links with other browsers as well as viewing the console tab as suggested from the previous post?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by LongerVogue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:19 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:06 am
Have you tested the admin links with other browsers as well as viewing the console tab as suggested from the previous post?
Only tested in chrome and safari. It works ok except saving the store logo function. Safari end is totally out of topic..
How to view console tab btw. Didn't get this part. sorry.

Post by straightlight » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:21 pm

Hit F12 on your keyboard to activate the developers kit. Then, you will see the console tab.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by LongerVogue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:08 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:21 pm
Hit F12 on your keyboard to activate the developers kit. Then, you will see the console tab.
It really has error. :choke:

How to fix it pls.

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:09 am

Solution posted here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/223 ... google-chr . According to their post, it is caused by an ad blocker plugin for the browser. See if by either disabling or uninstalling the plugin will resolved the issue.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by LongerVogue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:38 pm

straightlight wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:09 am
Solution posted here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/223 ... google-chr . According to their post, it is caused by an ad blocker plugin for the browser. See if by either disabling or uninstalling the plugin will resolved the issue.
Thank you so much for your help.
Btw, how to retrieve store logo and get menu bar back in admin end in safari browser.

Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:30 am

See in your developers kit for Safari on the console tab if any events appears when inspecting the element of the right-side of the menu bar.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON