Post by Blackwood » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:12 pm

When a product is bought through my Opencart 3.0 store using a card payment or PayPal payment , no VAT details are passed on to PayPal, I just get a total amount and VAT showing as £0.00 can anyone help, have I got some setting wrong, I have it set to 20% in my opencart store and it calculates it in store fine?

Thanks

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Imprecise OC version posted. OC uses 4 decimals, not 2.
I have it set to 20%
From where in OC? More information is needed.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Blackwood » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:31 pm

straightlight wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:08 pm
Imprecise OC version posted. OC uses 4 decimals, not 2.
I have it set to 20%
From where in OC? More information is needed.
Opencart 3.0.2.0 Running

System > Localisation > Taxes > Tax Rates > Vat 20%

I see no other options anywhere else for this, it adds it within the opencart store but the 20% vat details are not passed to Paypal.

Post by straightlight » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:15 pm

The tax classes only applies to products and services and / or to registered customers based on their location (postal addresses), not based on the total amount being sent to the payment provider. In order to apply your taxes / VAT, you'd need to ensure that the geo zones are not being restricted from your admin store settings if the customer is a guest user (not a safe approach unless your store can sale Internationally).

Although, PayPal Pro NVP does not send the tax amount based on the total amount. For instance, Canada have separated taxes to handle between states. It would be harden to distinguish this limitation, without an extension, which Countries and states your products and services can be delivered to without defining the tax class by having a simple guest user.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON