Post by Screwball » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm running Opencart 1.5.6.4 with Journal 2 v.2.16.1 and I've suddenly starting having an issue while trying to add or edit orders. Last week there was a problem on my shared server which was causing memcache errors on the error log, I couldn't log into my admin back end nor would the add to cart work. Whilst waiting for my host to open I upgraded to the lastest theme version available and once my host was open, they fixed the problem.

Since then, I haven't been able to manually add an order or edit an order. The problem always happens at the adding product stage and I get the message:
You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator.
I am logged in as Top Administrator, I have created a new Top Administrator log in and asked my host to reset all file permissions. None of these have worked.

Is there something else my host needs to enable or disable on the server to fix this problem?

Thanks for any help!

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:28 am

I'm running Opencart 1.5.6.4 with Journal 2 v.2.16.1 and I've suddenly starting having an issue while trying to add or edit orders.
Contact the Journal support team to resolve this issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Screwball » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 am

We have already contacted Journal support and they say it's an Opencart problem, nothing to do with their theme.

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:35 am

Did you check, if your TopAdmin has all access-rights enabled ?
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Screwball » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:56 am

yes, top admin have full access enabled

Post by Screwball » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:43 pm

We have made some progress but have come against another brick wall.

We contacted iSenseLabs (as we have their Nitropack installed) and Journal theme developers who both confirmed the issue is not with either of their extensions/theme. iSenseLabs said the problem we are having is because of how our server is configured - that it doesn't seem to be sharing session data between the admin and catalog parts of our site, that's why when we come to add or edit the product it throws up that error, the catalog part of our site isn't recognising we are logged in as admin.

We have contacted our host who confirmed that just before we started having issues they did have a problem default database server where the sessions were stored. They had to make changes because our site, and others on the same server, were having issues and weren't working correctly. If they change the settings back, our site doesn't work, but with the settings as they are, we can't add or edit any orders.

The 'fix' our host has come up with is to restore our site's files back to before the issues (i.e. 30th January), but since then we have had a lot of orders and we don't want to lose the information for these orders, so this obviously isn't a suitable fix for us.

Can anyone help with what the issue could be or if our host could make any further adjustments at their end to get this problem fixed?

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:01 am

Well, it does not hurt anything, to restore OC Files, since your Database will not be
touched because of this. But next time, better mention, what extensions you use, it
can make a big difference.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Screwball » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Our host wanted to restore everything, including the database back to before the first issue.

Anyway, we got to the bottom of the issue. We compared our own back up of the .htaccess to the one on our server and we found that two lines of code were missing:

suPHP_ConfigPath /var/sites/y/mydomain.co.uk/public_html/
#SetENV PHPRC /home/mydomain/public_html

When we added these back into the .htaccess file, the problem resolved itself. We suspect that one of the support engineers at our host had removed it to try and fix the original sessions issue and didn't put it back in and when we asked our host, they agreed this was the most likely explanation. We have given them a telling off for not restoring files back to how they found them if changes don't work!

Thanks for all your help