Post by huntleybill » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:58 am

Setting up my new site and wish to replace the background on the top of the page (under the logo) to an image. Basically change the white to a .jpg file of the ocean. I believe that would go in a .css file (???) but don't know what to change and where?
Your help is appreciated.
Thank you
Bill
Last edited by huntleybill on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:47 am

catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/stylesheet/stylesheet.css file.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by huntleybill » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 am

Thank you for the info. Can you explain the steps on how to do this? I have my image, I have it saved as a .jpg, I have put it in the images folder, but what line in the .css file do i change and to what do I change it to? BTW, I am using the default theme in V:3.0.

Post by fadichmn » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:53 pm

huntleybill wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 am
Thank you for the info. Can you explain the steps on how to do this? I have my image, I have it saved as a .jpg, I have put it in the images folder, but what line in the .css file do i change and to what do I change it to? BTW, I am using the default theme in V:3.0.
body {
Background: url('put your image url inside here');
}

You can learn more about css backgrounds here: https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

Post by huntleybill » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 am

I am somewhat confused.
First, let me explain what I did. I went to the .css file as instructed. I downloaded it to my desktop. I then opened it in Notepad++ and there is one line of text/code. It is about 3 miles long. So I went to "view" and set Notepad ++ to "word wrap" and now I have one big paragraph.
Within that paragraph is a bunch of references to "background" color. In fact, I did a search for "background" and notepad came up with 60 hits! I do not know which one to change.

It looks to me (and I could be wrong) that these background colors would change the background of the whole webpage. That is NOT what I want to do. I would like my image file to cover the top 2-3 inches of the page (well all the pages actually.) and leave the rest of the page white as it is now.
So, what "background" EXACTLY should I change. I wish this file had line numbers. It would be much easier to read.
Thank you for your time and patience with me.
Bill