Post by ZaraMakes » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm

HI
I really need help.
I am trying to edit my store settings but every time I click edit I get this error
This page isn’t working
currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

It was working fine but now I am getting this error constantly. Please help

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Error 500 is just a generic browser message, often related to database. Enable displaying errors to see the actual error message, then copy it here.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by MrPhil » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:09 am

If anything you try to do gives a 500 error, suspect that the host has upgraded PHP and/or the server, and something you have in .htaccess or php.ini may no longer be valid. This can include settings like Options and register_globals, as well as php_value and php_flag (your old server was very old). Take a look at http://www.catskilltech.com/FreeSW/faqs ... tml#err500 for a list of common problems.

Post by ZaraMakes » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Thank you for the replies.
This is the error log. I am not sure what it means? :(
2018-01-10 09:44:38
Error 79.73.246.201 500 GET /admin/index.php?route=setting/setting&token=5WtyrCcYxMwZR79sPp6a5kX7zhW8tEQL HTTP/1.1

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:43 pm

ZaraMakes wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:46 pm
Thank you for the replies.
This is the error log. I am not sure what it means? :(
2018-01-10 09:44:38
Error 79.73.246.201 500 GET /admin/index.php?route=setting/setting&token=5WtyrCcYxMwZR79sPp6a5kX7zhW8tEQL HTTP/1.1
That is correct. There is no need to display the errors on your site but simply viewing the error logs. ;)

In this case, the posted information would be incomplete. This issue occurs when you are saving settings from your admin - > systems - > settings page. Do you have any extensions installed?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ZaraMakes » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 pm

I haven’t installed any new extensions recently. It was working fine about 2 months ago when I last edited details of my store... everything is working fine. Just when I go to settings-click on the edit button next to my store, it brings up the 500 error

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:20 am

More information would be needed. Are you using SSL? Are you using SEO? If so, try without SSL and without SEO noticing if the same issue occurs afterwards.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ZaraMakes » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:53 am

I disabled my ssl and tried, but still same issue, error HTTP 500 :(. Enabled SEO but then I cant login to admin panel for some reason...

Post by straightlight » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 am

You haven't installed any new extensions lately but you do have some installed already. I would suggest disabling any VQMod extensions (if installed) and also for the SEO since SEO was not suggested to be enabled but rather disabled based on my prior reply. See if the issue persists afterwards.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ZaraMakes » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:56 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 am
You haven't installed any new extensions lately but you do have some installed already. I would suggest disabling any VQMod extensions (if installed) and also for the SEO since SEO was not suggested to be enabled but rather disabled based on my prior reply. See if the issue persists afterwards.
Hi I disabled my extensions and tried :( still no luck... Same error again. Any other suggestions. Any help would be much appreciated

Post by straightlight » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:36 am

Ensure that mod_security is disabled in your php.ini file.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MrPhil » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:29 am

You should ask your host if they upgraded anything recently, or did anything that might cause incompatibilities. While awaiting their reply, go through the list I supplied earlier, and especially check for things in all .htaccess and php.ini files that might be obsolete. Also check your site file timestamps (date/time of last change) to see if some hacker (or an incompetent host trying to be helpful) has been messing around with your files, and broke something. If you haven't made any other changes yourself (since the last time it worked), those are the most likely problem areas.

Post by ZaraMakes » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi all

Really appreciate all your help. Ive spoken to my hosting company and they said they updated the ssl however that shouldn't affect me. :-l
This is the error code I'm getting (apologies last one was aparche error code I gave )
[18-Jan-2018 14:04:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 58340000 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/zaramakes.com/httpdocs/system/library/image.php on line 24

And this line 23-25

} elseif ($this->mime == 'image/png') {
$this->image = imagecreatefrompng($file);
} elseif ($this->mime == 'image/jpeg') {

Any recommendations what it can be?

Post by MrPhil » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:09 am

So the 500 error is now gone, and this is a new error? It really should be a new thread, to avoid confusing people searching for similar problems and solutions. Anyway, it's trying to allocate 56MB to work on this file? That seems awfully large. How big is the file, both in dimensions and in file size? Does it display correctly? Are you trying to edit it in some way, perhaps to crop and/or scale it? If so, consider an image editor such as GIMP (free) or Photoshop ($$). Can it be successfully edited there? If so, that would suggest that the file is fine but OC has a problem of some sort. OC shouldn't blow up like that, but maybe the file is just too large to edit on your server.

Post by spliceshop » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:54 am

@zaramakes did you resolve this issue? I'm running into the same problem. Every time I create a new product and click save I'm greeted with a Server 500 error (This page isn't working) message. If I reload it will bring me to a new product start page, but I will find the product that I just attempted to save within the catalog.

Post by Soumen » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am

did anyone get any solution? I faced the same issue when I install an extension and apply the changes in the "Modifications" section. If I clear the modification from the admin panel the webpage is loading with the HTML. If I refresh and apply the changes in the "Modification" then getting the error.

.website is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Post by thekrotek » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:24 pm

Error 500 is a generic message, check your error logs for more info.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member