Post by belowcost » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:37 am

If you have products that come in different sizes, on the DATA tab, I put in a total qty on hand, select YES to subtract stock, and select out of stock status "2-3 days". THEN on the OPTIONS tab where I want the stock subtracted to keep track of stock of each size, so I select YES and have a quantity in the field.

What setting would allow for an out of stock (0 qoh) item to show as a selection available on the web site so it could be ordered?

Right now with these settings, if QOH=0 that size isnt available online. I would think it would show up and allow an order but say 2-3 days.

How do you set the DATA page stock fields, and the OPTIONS tab fields if you have 0 qoh, and you can drop ship something, but want to reflect 2-3 days, but show all sizes available and for stock to be subtracted?

And other than just adjusting quantity into stock, is there a P.O. placed and received option?

Thank you

Post by rjcalifornia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:34 pm

If I understand correctly, you want customers to be able to place an order on "Out of Stock" products??

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:45 pm

No OC version posted.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by belowcost » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:41 am

rjcalifornia wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:34 pm
If I understand correctly, you want customers to be able to place an order on "Out of Stock" products??
correct while being out of stock, and keeping track of it going below 0, for each variation of the sizes per sku

Post by rjcalifornia » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:22 am

belowcost wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:41 am
rjcalifornia wrote:
correct while being out of stock, and keeping track of it going below 0, for each variation of the sizes per sku
OpenCart already offers this out of the box.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by belowcost » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:17 am

rjcalifornia wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:22 am
belowcost wrote:
rjcalifornia wrote:

When I have these same settings using version 1.4.9 when stock is 0 on a particular size, it no longer offers that size as an item that can be purchased.

Post by straightlight » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:46 am

What are the exact steps you are applying to achieve these results? More information is needed.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:26 pm

belowcost wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:17 am
rjcalifornia wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:22 am
belowcost wrote:

When I have these same settings using version 1.4.9 when stock is 0 on a particular size, it no longer offers that size as an item that can be purchased.
Sorry, I forgot to ask about your OpenCart version because you posted your issue in the 2.x board. Check the OpenCart docs for that version

Location - Worldwide