Post by onefish » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:35 pm

I am trying to setup a local geozone but I can't seem to allocate any individual zones to it. I have created the zone OK but when I create a new geozone the only option in the zone dropdown box is "All Zones". Is this right or is it likely something is corrupted?

Post by Johnathan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Zones are loaded via ajax, so there's probably a problem with the browser request to load them. Does this also happen when adding a new address for customers in the admin panel? If so, then there's likely a global problem, which could be a lot of things. Double-check your URLs in the config.php and admin/config.php files, and make sure they're right.

If the problem only occurs in the Geo Zones area, then it could be something specific to that page. I'd suspect a mod in that case, since that's not typically an issue that happens in a standard OpenCart installation.

If you can't find anything, you might consider hiring someone to look at the issue for you. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:05 pm

I also saw a working solution yesterday about the max post size: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=200661&p=708153#p708153 . See if this solution is working.
Last edited by straightlight on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by onefish » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Jonathan, I don't have any extensions installed that aren't part of standard install of Opencart. Also I have not modified any code. Just trying to see how far I can get with configuring via the admin panel before I decide what extensions I need to purchase. I had a look at the address fields in the customer admin configuration and they all seemed to work OK.

I did remove all countries accept Australia and all zones accept Australian states and all geozones accept Australia>all zones. I did it the slow way via the admin panel (not script) so that shouldn't have caused a problem, just deleted database records? It's strange behaviour because the one geozone that I left and didn't delete from the standard install (Australia>all zones) shows all 8 available zones in the dropdown list. Just not any new geozone records.

I can't see how I have done anything that should break the zone dropdown list. Could this be a bug?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Could this be a bug?
No ... have you tried the above solution?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by onefish » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:55 am

Straightlight, no I didn't try the extension you linked to because it appeared to be trying to do something entirely different then my problem. I am simply trying to be able to allocate a zone to a newly created geozone. Where there should be a list of zones in the dropdown list, there is nothing, just the words "All Zones" and no dropdown list at all. I have 8 active zone records and I have tried creating new ones to see if they will show up in the geozone section but no luck.

It doesn't seem right that this is normal Opencart behaviour or the entire geozone section/system would be useless (which mine currently is). If every new geozone must have all zones allocated to it (not a selection of zones), then all geozones are exactly the same and become meaningless.

Post by straightlight » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Straightlight, no I didn't try the extension you linked to because it appeared to be trying to do something entirely different then my problem.
I beg to differ. This analogy is best to state whenever a user does try the solution before implying a theory.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by onefish » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:10 am

Straightlight, I am truly thankful for you help and I'm not trying to be cheeky but I'm afraid I don't understand. The question asked in the thread you linked is "How to solve a problem of autocomplete list limit OC 3.0.2.0". If I have understood the question (and answers) correctly, it is how to increase the maximum number of items in an auto-complete list beyond the maximum level set by default.

The thread doesn't actually contain any solutions directly but you linked to the "Admin autocomplete improved 2" extension which doesn't list compatibility with Opencart 3.

DigiCart chimed in with a link to another thread which explains how to increase the maximum number of manufacturers showing in the autocomplete list in the catalogue page beyond 5 (set by default in Opencart). Presumably this method could be expanded to other autocomplete maximum limits on other fields and pages.

But, I don't believe that I am trying to increase the default maximum limit of items showing in the autocomplete list for the zones field on the geozones page. Unless it is set to zero by default, which is most unlikely as I have 1x geozone with all 8 zones appearing in the zone list, but the same field/list shows zero zones for any new geozones I create.

Please help me to understand better if I am misinterpreting the situation. Cheers!

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:51 am

I don't know what's going on with the copy and paste on this forum but it sure ain't the first time this is happening as I am not the only reporting this odd problem but does not happen all the time. Anyway, the link has been fixed on my above post for the instructions. Sorry for the bit confusion there but the link I did know I had was the one I just fixed ...

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by onefish » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:49 am

I'm not sure what's going on here but I created a second country record called "Test Country" and then created a new zone record called "Test Zone" and then when I create a new geozone record, the country defaults to "Australia" (which is correct) and there are no zones available to select for the record (same problem I have had throughout this thread). But if I change the country to the new Test Country, then the new Test Zone record appears in the zone dropdown list. When I change the country back to Australia, all 8 zones that I should see, become available in the zone dropdown list.

Looks like I have a work around for now, just have to delete the test country and zone records once I setup the geozones I need. Or perhaps I should try deleting and recreating all country, zone and geozone records and see if that fixes it properly? The only thing that keeps me from doing this is that some are default options and I can't see anywhere in the admin panel to set the new records as defaults.

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:52 am

The only thing that keeps me from doing this is that some are default options and I can't see anywhere in the admin panel to set the new records as defaults.
Edit: See in your admin - > system - > settings - > edit settings page for the default geo settings.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Post edited above.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by opentoshopping » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:22 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:52 am
The only thing that keeps me from doing this is that some are default options and I can't see anywhere in the admin panel to set the new records as defaults.
Edit: See in your admin - > system - > settings - > edit settings page for the default geo settings.
This worked and caused me so much headache, why is this not automatically done? or how to trigger this from admin?

Post by marymidori » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:50 pm

I am having the same issue, and am able to use the work-around from "onefish" as a temporary solution.

Using OpenCart 2.3.0.2, there doesn't seem to be anywhere obvious in "admin - > system - > settings - > edit settings page" to edit the default geo settings. Does anyone know where this can be edited now ?

Thanks,
Midori

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:47 pm

marymidori wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:50 pm
I am having the same issue, and am able to use the work-around from "onefish" as a temporary solution.

Using OpenCart 2.3.0.2, there doesn't seem to be anywhere obvious in "admin - > system - > settings - > edit settings page" to edit the default geo settings. Does anyone know where this can be edited now ?

Thanks,
Midori
Those referred settings are for your payment and shipping settings.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON