Post by YDA » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:34 am

Hi,
Is someone on this forum have heard about a new french law relating to a mandatory certified software on 01/01/2018 and is it applicable to all e-commerce software like Opencart.
Many thanks for your answers.
YDA

Opencart 3.0.3.6
PHP 7.3.26 FPM served by NGINX 1.16.1.3
Linux Centos 7.9.2009 / Plesk 17.8.11
Dedicated Servers

YDA

Post by thekrotek » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:37 am

Which kind of certification are we talking about? I'm not sure, it's applicable to ALL software, because sometimes it simply not worth it. Also you can always tell any law to fk off and ignore it :-)

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by YDA » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:28 am

Hi,
Thank you for your answer and I'll try to explian this brand new law in details.
France had voted a special law saying that every e-commerce site must be able to certify as an EDITOR any software like Opencart, Os Commerce and so on.
Saying that any webmaster using and selling an Opencart solution (as an Open Source Solution) MUST be able to give a certificate saying that all the connections, payments and databases .....are certified by a secure solution (meaning a french solution) . I don't know if you do speak french , pleas do follow this link and you'll understand very about what I am speaking about: https://www.l-expert-comptable.com/a/53 ... 2018.html] and please let me know what you did understand.
Thanks a lot
Yan

Opencart 3.0.3.6
PHP 7.3.26 FPM served by NGINX 1.16.1.3
Linux Centos 7.9.2009 / Plesk 17.8.11
Dedicated Servers

YDA

Post by thekrotek » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:48 am

I know the basics of French, cad read, understand and say a few things, but it's definitely not enough to read such documents.

What do you mean exactly under "certified by a secure solution (meaning a french solution)"? Which "solution"? It sound quite confusing to me and still not clear, what this certificate is about. What exactly it should certify?

Expert Member

Post by Burt65 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:08 am

YDA wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:34 am
Hi,
Is someone on this forum have heard about a new french law relating to a mandatory certified software on 01/01/2018 and is it applicable to all e-commerce software like Opencart.
Many thanks for your answers.
YDA
Considering that there is a French section on this forum, you may want to try there first, as I don't think the rest of the world would really know much or care about a new French law...

Unless you are referring off course to the law that has been pass in the EU, coming up in May, regarding safer customer (sensitive data), that is not really a news...

Your posted link, point to a Page not found BTW...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by psxgamer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:42 am

It has nothing to do with e-commerce software but with cash registers.

We've had a simular law in Belgium. Everybody in the HORECA (hotel, restaurant, café) needed to get a "white" cash register. This to prevent "black" sales (non declared sales and unpaid VAT).

Post by gob33 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Article 88 of french law 2015-1785 applies to Points Of Sales, but can be the case if you use a POS module with your OC.
Prestashop seems more aware of the problem than OC.
The POS must have certification NF525.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by gob33 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:31 am

Rectification: According to this official document (point 9), all e-commerce softwares having customers paying VAT should conform to the certfification NF525.

So basicaly, OC will be illegal in France starting 01/01/2018.

Reading the various documents from official sources, it appears that the risk weighing on e-commerce sites, mainly those using CMS Open-source (Magento, PrestaShop ....) and developed in-house has never been so heavy. Any slightest change in a version, as long as it potentially calls into question the compulsory mechanisms that have been certified, must be certified again, or the publisher must produce a new certificate. The addition of a non-certified module, the modification of sources, an in-depth parameterization of the software is potentially a modification requiring the production of a "major" version in the administrative sense of the term.

Open source software (and software developed in-house) will not be certifiable, or at least not at acceptable costs for small businesses or SMEs. The law effectively prohibits small businesses and SMEs from setting up and adapting an open-source CMS, or from writing their own e-commerce software. The e-commerce sites using these solutions are unable to comply with the obligations of the law, resulting in a fine of 7.500 EUR every 60 days.
See: 83% des sites e-commerce potentiellement dans l’illégalité au 1er janvier 2018

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by gob33 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 am

A recent page in english describing the new law for french merchants.
All open source e-commerce softwares not certified NF525 by INFOCERT or LNE become illegal in France.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by Visioncolor » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:56 am

hello, I am happy to come across this unique discussion about the new 2018 cm certification law in France that has just been applied since 01.01.2018, I am part of opencart users in France, and I am worried about see no subject or no information from Opencart France, is there something planned? I fear that the death sentence of Opencart in France to ring, I will have to put my ecommerce in compliance and therefore have to change to no longer use Opencart. good luck to everyone

Post by thekrotek » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:50 pm

gob33 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 am
A recent page in english describing the new law for french merchants.
All open source e-commerce softwares not certified NF525 by INFOCERT or LNE become illegal in France.
It's absolutely impossible so certify all e-commerce open source software, because thre're tons and tons of different extension for different frameworks or even standalone scripts. And lots of these scripts are from foreign developers, who don't care.

I think you should simply ignore this stupid law, Nobody will chase you, if you purchase "an unlicensed software". Every country has stupid laws and complying to them is bad, not the opposite.

Expert Member

Post by Burt65 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:04 am

A more important question would be, does any one know of a open source e-commerce software that does comply with NF525 ?
I also don't get why the whole world would change to follow INFOCERT or LNE. One is Italian, the other is French... Is England, Germany, US or China going to join the club?

The way I see it, if all Payments that are currently used in OC comply with what ever certificate requirement is used in your own country of residence (or business registered), then OC will automatically comply (or possibly with small changes) with such certificate..

At the end of the day, this compliance was introduce for one reason only. To stop people evading Sales Taxes. I'm guessing every country will have their own certificate eventually, but I don't see for instance the US having the same certificate requirement as the French...

So, all is required, really is that the vendor cannot longer delete or modify complete sales from the system. It wouldn't be very hard to implement such changes in OC. But I don't see Opencart apply for a self-certified NF525 especially if is going to cost money and it does only apply to one country..

We have a similar thing happening here in Australia in July 2018. They have already changed that for digital items, but they want to start to collect taxes for all items sold from all e-commerce, regardless of the purchase amount. Previously we had a $1000 dollars free threshold. This could/will change to $0.00 but they could also lower the Gross Taking Income and achieve the same result..

Either way, this is big brother telling you that he wants a bigger slice of the cake now... :D

There are too many fingers on the cake already... I don't see many small business surviving another tax...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by thekrotek » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:42 pm

Burt65 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:04 am
There are too many fingers on the cake already... I don't see many small business surviving another tax...
Exactly. And if people won't finally start standing up and fight for their rights, privacy and decent life without omnipresent big brother, we'll end up as slaves. Actually, the whole world is already slowly sliding to "silent" slavery, when you do everything by some rules and don't have your personal life. This stupid licensing law is just another brick in the wall.

Expert Member