Post by sjrh » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:25 am

Hi,
Where would I find the code that populates the menu that appears on the right when you edit your account details?
I would like to remove some of the options such as recurring payments, downloads, etc...

Thanks,

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:33 am

catalog/view/theme/<your_theme>/template/extension/module/account.twig file.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alexmath » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Hello, how did you remove "some of" the options? forexample in my case i wanna remove downloads and recurring payments. how can i pull this off?
cant be achieved from admin->design layout... And i dont want to get rid of all of them. I want to keep some there.
something like:

Code: Select all

{% for module in modules %}
  	   {% if 'Downloads' not in module %}
    	      {{ module }}
	   {% endif %}
  	{% endfor %}
gets rid of everything. which i dont want

Thanks.

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:26 pm

No OC version provided, no route location provided.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alexmath » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:02 pm

OC 3.0.2.0.
index?route=account/account -> users account page.

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Well, your solution above is not an invalid one. It may simply be not relative for what you're trying to do specifically. ;)

By simply removing the lines manually in your account.twig file for each of those titles and links should be more than enough as it should resolve the issue.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alexmath » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 pm

but account to twig has this
general code
then

{{ content_bottom }} </div> {{ column_right }}

since the ones I want to remove are on the right column, i checked column_right.twig and it has this

{{ module }}
  	{% endfor %}

it is not so straight forward.
Last edited by alexmath on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 pm

alexmath wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 pm
but account to twig has this
general code
then

{{ column_bottom }} </div> {{ column_right }}

since the ones I want to remove are on the right column, i checked column_right.twig and it has this

{{ module }}
  	{% endfor %}

it is not so straight forward.
You must probably use a custom theme. The account.twig file does not contain a: {{ column_bottom }} in the codes from OC v3.0.2.0 default theme. If so, please contact the extension theme developer in order to integrate your requirements.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alexmath » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:04 am

it is the default theme. sorry. that was supposed to be {{ content_bottom }}

Post by straightlight » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 am

Since you want to remove the modules from the right column, this can always be done from your admin - > design - > layouts page. Each routes for each site content can be removed from the admin.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alexmath » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:15 am

ok, i checked it out but i dont see where to put/remove the route.
Forexample say for the route:

route=account/recurring
how would i remove that? There is nothing about recurring in the admin - > design - > layouts -> {{ whatever }}.
I checked them all

Post by straightlight » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:24 am

This link can be edited from your catalog/controller/extension/module/account.php file.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by alexmath » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:11 am

ok thanks. ill try that

Post by pethee » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Actually, this is still not a correct answer. I'm looking for the same. The last suggestion to edit /catalog/controller/extension/module/account.php only removes the link destination from the right_column, it does NOT remove the menu item. So I comment out "$data['newsletter'] = $this->url->link('account/newsletter', '', true);", and I still have "Newsletter" as one of the menu items in column_right.
I join the OP, I'm still looking for a solution to remove selected menu items. Where does "{% if modules %}" populate from here? Please help.

Post by robert00 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:46 am

I found it. It's in the view.
catalog/view/theme/default/template/extension/module/account.twig

Post by Mabe140 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Man, it's so hard to find the answer. And it seems like just about no one understands just what we are trying to figure out.

No, we are not trying to figure out how to remove from main menu (The one that pops up on the left side of the default theme, the one where it has a bigger text with categories such as Account, Newsletter so on...) We are desperately trying to find out how to remove, edit or change items within the table on the right side. And so far, all of us have found out, that it is not in the twig. Well, one can remove the entire table using the twig, but we cannot remove/edit one or more of the items in the table. The table to the right. Not center, nor left.

When opening layout-account-account.twig we get this refrence to the table on the right: {{ column_right }}
But where is this refrense location? Where can one find the main file, that all these files point to?

I've been looking through ALL files within Theme Editor (admin panel) and it is not a twig file.
IT must be somewhere in the function files, but where? And what's its name? Does anyone know?

Because... 7 days in search of the file, and I'm still feeling blonde. :laugh:

Help a girl out, please?

Post by OSWorX » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:33 am

Mabe140 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Help a girl out, please?
Blonds have more fun - and you like it, or not?
7 days - have you nothing better to do?
Mabe140 wrote:
Man, it's so hard to find the answer. And it seems like just about no one understands just what we are trying to figure out.
Yeah girl, who shall know what a Blonde is thinking?
Mabe140 wrote:
No, we are not trying to figure out how to remove from main menu (The one that pops up on the left side of the default theme, the one where it has a bigger text with categories such as Account, Newsletter so on...) We are desperately trying to find out how to remove, edit or change items within the table on the right side. And so far, all of us have found out, that it is not in the twig. Well, one can remove the entire table using the twig, but we cannot remove/edit one or more of the items in the table. The table to the right. Not center, nor left.
Left is where the other thumb is right - or not?

What do you want now, popup at the left, menu at the right?
Maybe you are a bit confused about the directions?

This menu is displayed where you have defined it - per default at the right side (this is where your thumb is left ..).
And when you use the internal template editor, have you also cleared the cache?
Mabe140 wrote:
When opening layout-account-account.twig we get this refrence to the table on the right: {{ column_right }}
But where is this refrense location? Where can one find the main file, that all these files point to?
Column Right is controller/common/column_right (.php)

Remember: right is where the other is left ..
Mabe140 wrote:
I've been looking through ALL files within Theme Editor (admin panel) and it is not a twig file.
IT must be somewhere in the function files, but where? And what's its name? Does anyone know?
Correct - you won the jackpot!
See section before.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by cyclops12 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:50 am

Mabe140 wrote:

Help a girl out, please?
Using default theme look in catalog/view/theme/default/template/extension/module/account.twig around line 9
All entries are listed there, you can either delete/comment them out from this file or make an ocmod/vqmod

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:56 am

cyclops12 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:50 am
Mabe140 wrote:

Help a girl out, please?
Using default theme look in catalog/view/theme/default/template/extension/module/account.twig around line 9
All entries are listed there, you can either delete/comment them out from this file or make an ocmod/vqmod
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=186485#p703151

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON