Post by MuddyDave » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Please accept my apologies if I'm posting in the wrong part of the forum.

Over the last 20 minutes I've noticed a lot of IP addresses visiting just one page of my Opencart store at the same time (one of my product pages), it was noticeably unusual as the website doesn't get many visitors due to still adding products and not marketing at the moment.

The one product looks as if it's being visited by each IP several times a second. I checked the IP addresses and they appear to come from companies that are: AG Telecom LTD in Azerbaijan, Globe Telecom in Philippines, OOO Montaj Telecom Service in Russia and a lot of visits from OVH SAS in France. There are various other strange ISP names too from various parts of the world.

They only visited the one product page over and over again but stopped after about 20 minutes.

I'm guessing this isn't normal behaviour.

Could anybody tell me the reason behind this? Is this some form of attack and is it likely to cause any problems with the website?

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 pm

While you may read different versions and aspects of those visits, I would take a look at the Google Analytics results regarding the importance of that particular product and also to analyze this page with a website analyzer since no other products, according to your statement above, are being brought to their attention.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON