Post by Manitoou » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi guys,
Need help about multi-language website, for ex. Eng/Fr;
In OC3 we have 2 Urls to the same content : when we click DOMAIN.COM/FR or DOMAIN.COM/Eng they both take you to the same page (with default language);
In a normal way it must be: (when you come from ) DOMAIN.COM/FR to Fr content and DOMAIN.COM/Eng to Eng content.
When I see, OC3 create duplicate content for multi-language website.
I already post this on : https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/6189
But Daniel Kerr thinks that there is no problem because language is based on cookies.
If you have suggestion to resolve this THX

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 pm

I would have to agree on this one. Languages do not create duplication compared to other features that did on the latest version of Opencart which have been recently fixed on Github. This feature has simply not yet been implemented in v3.x releases. Perhaps you should post a request in the Features Request section of the forum. Subdomains has also been suggested to be created until this issue will been rectified.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Manitoou » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 pm

Thanks Straightlight. I see your contributions on github; thank you for your time.
If there will be a feature and it's just a question of time it's ok I'll wait for it.

Post by Manitoou » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 am

I think that in my previous posts I didn't explain properly the issue, I see that there is a problem, OC3 create duplicate content:
Case 1: Take for example a website with English default language, and Search engines already are indexed your Eng URLs, and you want add Spanish but English still the default language, here there is no problem because SE didn't have Spanish links and only your visitors can see them;
But if :
Case 2: Take the same website with English default language, and Search engines already are indexed your Eng URLs, and you add Spanish but in this case Spanish will be your default language, here there is a problem when SE come to index your Spanish URLs and check the Eng URLs in the same time they will find that the content is the same.
I hope I was clear.
THX

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:18 am

here there is a problem when SE come to index your Spanish URLs and check the Eng URLs in the same time they will find that the content is the same.
How is that analysis being considered as duplication?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Manitoou » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 am

We talk about the same thing when 2 or more URLs take to the same content ? is this considering as a duplicate content or I miss something?

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:38 am

Manitoou wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 am
We talk about the same thing when 2 or more URLs take to the same content ? is this considering as a duplicate content or I miss something?
Absolutely not. Duplication is about duplicated terms, words and content of the same type / sort and information that has been doubled on your screen and which is what even Google won't even define. The fact that a different selected language has been used on your store and the previous language still appears does not necessarly replicated / duplicated the content. It simply uses the same content than the prior content that was used with unique contents. Although, these contents simply does not change to the proper language which is what you are rather reporting about.

Granted, if the default language remains static in the platform and does not change to the selected language or does change to the selected language but the selected language does not remain selected, despite the fact that the admin - > system - > localisation - > languages page does have its default settings for the languages, the admin default languages will always remain the default one by default unless the customer selects another language for his session and that the cookie does not get deleted and / or the browser remains opened when no cookies are involved from the customer's browsing preferences.

Since the topic is about the same language not being switched over another language during selection, then yes, with multiple languages installed on the store, as long as those installed languages are enabled and ready to use, those languages should be working per-selection on the store-front end. If not, this would be an issue.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Manitoou » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 am

We are talking about the same thing, just I can't explain it properly, I'll re-try:
A website with Eng language as default, and all its Ulrs are indexed then for one reason need to install Spanish language but choose that Spanish which will be the default language (because, for ex., most of its clients are spanish) but keep Eng as 2nd language, in this point I have troubles.

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:05 am

The sort order needs to be manually defined in Opencart when installing a new language and when also deciding to set this new installed language as the default language. The previous language that was defined by default will not be considered 2nd unless you manually specify the sort order value in the language form. Are you looking / inquiring to add a depth for the languages?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Manitoou » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:11 am

Do you speak French?..my English is so poor ;D

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 am

Yes, fortunately, I do ... please post your enquiry in the French section of the forum if you are limited with the English language.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Manitoou » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 am

I sent to you a MP, please check it. Thx

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:31 am

I have received the PM message. However, please apply the following changes. The following may fix the problem. More than one user is reporting the problem today.

- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... guage.twig
- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... nguage.php
- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... nguage.php
- https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... _list.twig

Replace those files and clear all caches from the admin and the browser. This should resolved the problem after closing and re-opening the browser afterwards.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Manitoou » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:41 am

Thank you for your time and help. It's noted, and I'll wait for the implementation of the feature that resolve the "issue" concerning the true destination of each Urls in multi language websites.

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:47 am

Of course, the awaiting time is up to you. However, the provided bug fixes above may prevent the need on waiting.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON