Post by Django29 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi
Although Opencart is my favorite e-commerce solution, I don't understand why in the admin Catalog/Products, there is still no selector for the category.
For me, it looks essential, when you are :
  • checking a category
    looking for a product when you know in which category it is, but you don't know its name
    working only on 1 category
The component Mijoshop, including Opencart 2 in Joomla, adds this selector (and the live price update when selecting options).

Post by labeshops » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:09 pm

I use the admin quick products edit mod that adds this and other features to the product list.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Django29 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:43 pm

OK. It looks there is several extensions to do that, but a basic utility like this should be in the core files.

Post by labeshops » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:50 am

I don't know. I can display it but very very rarely use it myself. Some will I'm sure, but don't think it is that vital.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Django29 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Let's take 2 examples :
1 - You start to enter the products of a category.
If all your products of all categories (100s or 1000s) are listed, it's very difficult to have a view of your category, and check if all his products are entered, with a price, an image, a quantity, and activated ...
2 - You are searching for a product in admin. If you know the category but you forgot the name, you have to search amoung hundreds or thousands of products ...

And most of the time, it's the final user (the site owner) that will have to do this work (not professional of the web, and always very busy...).