Post by Kinggaz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Hi there

I'm setting up a website to sell party invitations. On the product page I would like a form where people can type out the information for the invite and upload a file, then add the product to the cart.

Here is a website I found using the exact thing, but I wondered if anyone knew the module being used? The website is www.invitebay.co.uk just click on any product then look down the right hand side.

Thanks for any help

Post by yodapt » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Opencart allows you to add a text field and ask for a upload in the product options, there's no need for a module.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by Kinggaz » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Thanks yodapt :)

Post by Kinggaz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Sorry to be a pain but can someone please explain how to setup the form? I have played around with attributes and options but cannot get anything to work. Can some just explain how to add the text fields to the product page?

Thanks

Post by Qphoria » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:21 am

1. Goto Admin->Catalog->Options
and create some options in the Global scale. Remember the names of these options
I'd imaging you'd need a textbox for Name, textarea for message, file for file upload, etc

2. Goto Admin->Catalog->Product and edit the product you want to have this form.
Under the options tab, type the name of the option in the little autocomplete text box
You should then be able to select each of the options needed for the form and assign them along with some additional settings to the product

Administrator

Post by Kinggaz » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:30 am

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. One last question would be that on the front end product page, it calls the title of the form "Available Options"'. Is it possible to rename this?