Post by SmallBites » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:15 pm

Hello

I am new to the forum, but have been advised to join to ask about a specific situation I have with my website. I use OpenCart v 2.1.0.1 (I think - I know it's version 2.1.something) and yesterday I received an email from SiteLock saying that Malware had been detected on my site. I contacted my host using a number I found online and NOT the one in the email in case it was a scam. They did a scan for me and sent me the following information in a .txt file:

/home2/mysite/public_html/catalog/controller/payment/twocheckout.php
/home2/mysite/public_html/catalog/view/theme/default/template/payment/worldpay_failure.tpl
/home2/mysite/public_html/catalog/view/theme/default/template/payment/worldpay_success.tpl
/home2/mysite/public_html/installbak/view/javascript/cufon/cufon-yui.js

My friend is going to help me sort this out, but he has advised that I post on here first to see if anybody has any guidance as to how this may have happened. He says although it can be sorted, if we simply upload OpenCart again and don't get to the root cause of the problem, it might happen again. I don't have a great deal of technical expertise, so it's highly likely I won't be able to provide very much information or understand what is being said to me, but I will show him all the answers and he will be able to use them to help me fix it. I'm expecting a call from SiteLock this afternoon and I'm keen to know if this is a genuine issue.

It may help to know that I installed OpenCart as a plugin and I don't do any actual coding myself - I used a template called Journal Advanced. I've never updated either my OpenCart or my theme because I've been afraid the site would stop working if I did it wrong. Now it's been established for a while, I am going to pay for help getting everything up to date, because I know this is important. I backed up my site this morning.

Thank you in advance for any help and apologies for my lack of technical knowledge.

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 pm

If you have not already change all your passwords.

There was an issue reported with the Journal theme.
viewtopic.php?f=179&t=183812

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by SmallBites » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:27 pm

Okay, thank you for this. I haven't done it, but I will do! I was wary of logging in to actually change any passwords in case hackers can see or something!

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:52 am

Yes, by use of the SERVER ADMIN MYPHP DB Tool.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by SmallBites » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:32 am

Great, thank you!

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:47 am

No problem, you will find the MASTER Passwort Reset info here
it should work with all OC Versions, I assume:
How to reset my OpenCart Admin Password
http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/ ... n-password

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by SmallBites » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:38 am

Lovely, thank you! Those instructions seem pretty straightforward and I definitely wouldn't have known how to do it without them, so thanks for sharing that!

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:53 am

I figured! :D
And never forget, our Friend Google knows more about OC than anybody else !
Good Luck !
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland