Post by newmake » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:28 am

I'm new to OpenCart but from the research I have been doing it looks like a good fit for a project I'm working on and I'm hoping that the forum can help me narrow down the extensions I should be reviewing.

My project is a multi-store where there is a master store listing most of the products available. There will then be child stores that will have a subset of the available products. Some products will be only listed on the master store and one child store while other products may be listed on multiple stores. The trickiest part is the handling of commissions. Here is a breakdown of the important parts:

- Products must be able to be centrally managed but available on multiple stores.
- All purchasing will be done with a single cart handled by the master store owner
- There will be several providers of the products. Some products will be shipped from the master store and others will be drop shipped by third parties
- If we can automate the order creation to third parties that would be excellent
- A listing of the child stores on the master store
- Searching in any store should only show items available in that store
- Commission management. Commission is broken into three parts: Child Store Owner, Product Designer & point tracking of sales for a store
- Child Store Owner will get commission on the sales of all products sold by clicking on a link in their store. Commission will be fixed dollar value per product/category
- Product Designer will get commission on the sales of their products on ANY store. Commission will be fixed dollar value. A person can be both a Store Owner and a Product Designer but no required.
- This is optional at this time as I believe we could track this manually. The Child Store Owner will get a voucher for the purchase of a specific product category from only their child store. The product category will be based on the sales volume within that store and it will not include shipping costs.

I know there are more items but I think that covers the major ones. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:26 am

well, if you really expect some Support for all this, you better look for a Pro,
nobody else would be willing, to invest a huge amount of time, just to
help you by building your moneymaker Software, just for the plain fun of it.

Sorry for the bad News, but don't take it personal, it's just the way it works,
OC is all about money, for everybody involved, probably even for you... ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by new » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:38 pm

So, now that I have an account I can actually reply with, I'm giving this a bump.

To IP_CAM, I'm not really sure what your point is but if my previous post suggested I was looking for something for free that was not my intent. I was looking for some guidance or tips from the seasoned OC veterans on what modules/extensions might help me. We fully expect to pay for anything that we use to create our product. I asked the question because typically a "community" is a place where ideas are shared and the group supports its members to be successful in their goals by learning from and leveraging the experience of the elder members.

So, back the the original topic. If anyone has any extensions (either ones they have developed or ones they have used) that they feel might fit one or more of the requirements I have listed in the OP I would appreciate hearing about your thoughts. I've looked at many extensions already and the lack of clear description or functioning demos for many extensions means you have to buy them and try them to even know if they will work for you. Personally I would prefer to feel confident a product is the right fit prior to making a monetary commitment.

Thank you once again for any help you can provide,

NewMake (New)

new

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:34 am

Well, I just tried to bring you down to earth, OC is no social Community, as you may be
familiar with so far, OC is a plain business Concept, for eveybody involved. And like in
any real Business, one cannot expect much assistance from (potential future) Competitors,
the plain contrary is more likely the case.

If you check this place here, you sure won't find any 'Veterans', spending their time here,
helping to get others on their feet. Users come here, if they run into a problem, and as soon
as their problem is fixed, they're gone again. Most don't even come back, to say thanks !
And those (few), frequently assisting, are mostly DEV's, using this platform, to be known,
and so possibly frequently able to also generate some income as well.

But you will find out, I am sure. And better don't take it personal, it's not meant this way, it's just
the way it works here. But I did not make the rules, I only try to 'reflect' the reality, because
OC is not a Software, created by a bunch of Fan's, like some other software, and despite of
the Fact, that even OC relies on others knowledge, but a One Man Project, and created for the
sole purpose, to make a living out of it. Beeing aware of this, just makes it easier, to understand,
and so not to expect more, than one will eventually get (for free!).
Good Luck ! ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by pankaj3745 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Are you building an online shop or an online marketplace?

Premier Сasual Dating

Location - GB

Post by new » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:10 am

The best way to describe it is a bit of both.
We will be handling all sales and child stores in the Multistore setup will not be isolated from each other but we do need to track sales through each store separately.

I guess a good example would be eBay. There is a master "store" that has all products that are available listed (We would like to have the option to not display some products at the master level). Then there are seller or child "stores" where you can see a list of all of the seller's items and only that seller's items.

In addition to that functionality we will have a selection of products offered at the master store level that can be added to any seller's "store" where they will receive commission for any sales of those products in their store. Products from multiple stores can be added to the shopping cart and purchased together but the click point needs to be tracked for each product for commission assignment.

Since I'm using eBay as my example, I should also say that this is not an auction site and the sellers in my example will not have to handle any store/website management, procurement, manufacturing or shipping. We will be handling all of those aspects. We are essentially providing a managed store service to a specific market segment that typically has merchandise sales but it is not managed well.

Commissions will be provided to the sellers based on sales. Fixed dollar values will be assigned for commissions for each product or category. We will also have a second commission tracking for all products that relates to the creator or "owner" of the product design. So each product will have 2 commissions that need to be tracked: the Child Store the product was sold through and the Product Designer.

I hope that clears things up. Appreciate any help!

New

new

Post by pankaj3745 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:58 am

To satisfy your requirements, a professional Opencart Developer is needed or a lot of modules are needed to be installed. Decide where you want to invest ?

Premier Сasual Dating

Location - GB