Post by Boppe » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:18 pm

When I send a product to a customer I always send it with a (paper-)receipt. Maybe that's not really necessary as the orderconfirmation OC sends automatically to the customer could work as a receipt?

I'm curious how others do, do you send the product with a receipt?

Post by sdsoftware » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:14 am

All my customers send paper like you said in every physical order they send.

I am not sure Correct me if I am wrong but i think that every item that needs to be send in any kind of transportation method needs to be accompanied by a paper. That says where is it going and why. If the reason is Sale means that sender is a Company and ought to publish an invoice or receipt.

Also you can mail the invoice as long as you can prove somehow its authenticity. (digital sign , tax mechanism , etc)

Well I think it also has to do with each country's law regulation.

Software Support And Development www.sdware.eu
Ccookie Module || Admin Category/Manufactory/Attribute Filter || Admin Customizer || Bank Tranfer Extended
Business Inquiries Here
My extensions Page Here

Post by thekrotek » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:26 am

In theory, yes, you need to send a receipt. In real life not everybody does that and not that much people cares, to be honest.

I never cared about any kind of "papers", when buying online. All I cared is, how good was the product and how cooperative was the buyer. Most customers are worried about the same things, not about, how accurate is your "paper".

But in the end, attitude to this matter depends mostly on where you grew up.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by pipoy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:28 am

Isn't it depends on your law where you are located?

I dont send my customers any physical receipts

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:54 am

pipoy wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:28 am
Isn't it depends on your law where you are located?
It depends, how much you afraid of breaking the law :-) Sending receipts is boring and it is normal to want to skip this part.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by MrPhil » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:42 am

For shipments of high value physical goods, some sort of receipt would usually be appreciated by customers (even if it's not required by law). Some paper that gives your (the seller's) name and address, information on merchandise returns, a statement of price and whether sales tax was paid, etc. could come in handy, especially if they misplaced the email with this information. It can be part of the packing/address slip if you use an external clear plastic envelope, so it's no additional paper to handle. Having a piece of paper is reassuring to me (as a customer), if dated proof of purchase is needed for returns, warranty service (especially directly from the manufacturer) etc., and I would feel better about ordering from this shop again.

How low you go in shipment value before you stop including a receipt is up to you (if you have a choice).

Post by frank79 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:38 am

If it's not required by the law of a country where you ship the product, then you don't have to send it, you could email the customer a link of the receipt in PDF and if he needs he can print it by himself.
But personally I like to find a paper together with the products I order online.

Our new Opencart Extension:
AI Assistant - automatic product and category text generator

Post by kuebantall » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:13 am

Will not the invoice be sent to email automatically?
Or there may be a problem with your theme, so there is no automatic invoice in email.

Im newbie on OpenCart
Jasa Pembuatan Website,Jasa Pembuatan Website Wordpress,Jasa Desain Grafis Profesional,Jasa Pembuatan Toko Online,Jasa SEO Berkualitas

Location - Desk Table