Post by rexa » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 am

The number one feature that I am shockingly surprised that OC doesn't have which is making or breaking me running a website on this platform is simply the product variant combos and pricing for each combo. I don't understand why it's lacking this feature. If I can't get it to work properly on OC, I am going back to either Woocommerce or Thelia 2.

I am trying to launch a printing website, and there are many variables/options to consider such as QTY (which will be 250, 500, 1000 etc), so I will be forced to make an option just for that. There will also be paper options, dimensions, etc. It's not possible to create the much-needed combo options and price those combos accordingly in OC's current state (latest version). Pricing each option's "price increment" simply doesn't work with such configurations, unfortunately.

I looked at all mods available, but most of them had broken demos or didn't show anything that works for what I mentioned here. Does anyone have a mod that works for what I am requesting? And if so, is there a demo page that I can look at before I consider purchasing it?

Post by Thomas005 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:44 pm

Greetings!
I have sent you PM please check .

Regards ,
Thomas Johnson

Warm Regards ,
Thomas Johnson
***We do it Better***

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:52 pm

rexa wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:57 am
The number one feature that I am shockingly surprised that OC doesn't have which is making or breaking me running a website on this platform is simply the product variant combos and pricing for each combo. I don't understand why it's lacking this feature. If I can't get it to work properly on OC, I am going back to either Woocommerce or Thelia 2.

I am trying to launch a printing website, and there are many variables/options to consider such as QTY (which will be 250, 500, 1000 etc), so I will be forced to make an option just for that. There will also be paper options, dimensions, etc. It's not possible to create the much-needed combo options and price those combos accordingly in OC's current state (latest version). Pricing each option's "price increment" simply doesn't work with such configurations, unfortunately.

I looked at all mods available, but most of them had broken demos or didn't show anything that works for what I mentioned here. Does anyone have a mod that works for what I am requesting? And if so, is there a demo page that I can look at before I consider purchasing it?
Search for 'dependent options' or 'options to products'. There are a couple of them that work really well that you'll find in the marketplace.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by rexa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:41 am

Evolve - any particular one you would recommend? I'm looking at having around 40-80 variants per product. So I want to easily apply pricing to 40-80 combos.

The only workaround I have so far is by simply creating more products (or really sub-products) to achieve what I need to in OC.

I've even been looking at Abantecart, which I know is somehow a clone of OC, but they can do it right out of the box. I'm examining the code to see if there is some way I can clone it into OC.

I really really love the way OC handles things, but this one thing is a big roadblock for me. I've created my own custom mods already for many other things for OC, and I would hate to start over and relearn elsewhere.

Thank you for the messages sent, but I responded to one person who was able to show me a working demo of something already achieved. It can already be found in many working open source ecommerce programs right out of the box anyway, as I stated before, which attribute combos (in OC's case, they would be option combos to price each combo itself rather than the options individually).

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue May 02, 2017 11:26 pm

rexa wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:41 am
Evolve - any particular one you would recommend? I'm looking at having around 40-80 variants per product. So I want to easily apply pricing to 40-80 combos.

The only workaround I have so far is by simply creating more products (or really sub-products) to achieve what I need to in OC.

I've even been looking at Abantecart, which I know is somehow a clone of OC, but they can do it right out of the box. I'm examining the code to see if there is some way I can clone it into OC.

I really really love the way OC handles things, but this one thing is a big roadblock for me. I've created my own custom mods already for many other things for OC, and I would hate to start over and relearn elsewhere.

Thank you for the messages sent, but I responded to one person who was able to show me a working demo of something already achieved. It can already be found in many working open source ecommerce programs right out of the box anyway, as I stated before, which attribute combos (in OC's case, they would be option combos to price each combo itself rather than the options individually).
Here are a couple that we've used and they work a little bit differently:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ch=options

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... %20options

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... %20options

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA