Post by Gobbo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:15 am

Hi,

I have uploaded opencart 2.1.0.2 about five times today, every time I can't log into admin.

It's not reconsigning the password or user name.

I've gone into the database and changed and/or deleted the password, but nothing works.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Kind Regards,
Gobbo

Using opencart 3.0.3.2 - PHP 7.4 - Standard Template - Add to Cart Enable Disable Out of Stock Product 3.x - Export/Import Tool (V3.22) for OpenCart 3.x - Footer Social Media Link( 3.x ) v1.0

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:59 am

well, you only would have to upload the Software once, but then, it needs to be installed as well,
and during installation connected with the DataBase. This, by use of a 'DB User-Name and Password',
as defined, when the Database was set up, by use of the Server Admin MyPHP Tool.
Then, during the Setup, you have to enter a Shop Admin Email, Username and Password, and
this Access Data is used, to later enter the Admin Section, if the Installation was successful.

Somewhere, during this operation, you just missed something, I assume... :D
Good Luck!
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Gobbo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:08 pm

I've just reinstalled it again and the password is still not working ???

I reinstated version 2.3.0.2 a few times and each time it worked correctly.

If I had hair, I'd be pulling it out :(

Using opencart 3.0.3.2 - PHP 7.4 - Standard Template - Add to Cart Enable Disable Out of Stock Product 3.x - Export/Import Tool (V3.22) for OpenCart 3.x - Footer Social Media Link( 3.x ) v1.0

Post by Gobbo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Can't the password use '!"£$%^&*()'?