Post by ianhaney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:27 am

Hi

The product description is being pulled in from a excel spreadsheet from a supplier but in the excel spreadsheet the description does not have any full stops so was seeing if there could be a way using php or javascript could automatically add full stops in and after each full stop add a new line, an example of the issue is on the following URL, The site is built using opencart 2.0.3.1

https://www.onestopappliances.co.uk/DOM ... hine-white

Thank you in advance

Location - GB

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by ianhaney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Is there any other way apart from doing it in the Excel spreadsheet as have altered products since and would overwrite the amendments if had to import the excel spreadsheet again

Location - GB

Post by artcore » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by ianhaney » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi artcore

I looked at that link last night but I was unsure what file to modify, I thought it might be the catalog/controller/product/product.php file but in that file I am unsure where to add the coding?

Location - GB

Post by artcore » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Try the controller:

Code: Select all

$data['description'] = html_entity_decode(nl2br($product_info['description']), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
If the description contains no newlines it wouldn't work and you have to change the excel.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands