Post by Baski » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi,
I have successfully been able to list all my products in the Google Merchant Center by enabling Google feeds in my OC 2.0.3.1, the only error i get is " Insufficient match of microdata price information" in the GMC diagnostics and the prices are being converted to USD and shown while my default currency is INR can someone help me please ?
Thanks
Baskar

Post by uksitebuilder » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 pm

The default OpenCart Google Base only support USD GBP and EUR

To support INR you will need to edit catalog/controller/extensions/feed/google_base.php to add INR in several places.

--

As you didn't mention if you were using a custom theme, I am guessing you are using the default theme, which unfortunately does not add microdata to the product page template, so Automatic Item Updates will not work until you get microdata inserted; either by adding an extension, or by getting a template that inserts microdata

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by Baski » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi uksitebuilder
Thank you very much for your reply, I am using Journal theme with OC 2.0.3.1, can you assist me with including INR in the catalog/controller/extensions/feed/google_base.php file please or suggest a better way !
Thanks
Baskar

Post by Baski » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Pls see attachment...

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Edit: catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php

Find:

Code: Select all

$currencies = array(
						'USD',
						'EUR',
						'GBP'
					);
Change to:

Code: Select all

$currencies = array(
						'INR',
						'USD',
						'EUR',
						'GBP'
					);
For a better method of publishing to Google Shopping, take a look at our extension for Google Merchant Shopping Feeds (2nd image in my signature below)

Guru Member

Post by Baski » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi uksitebuilder,
Thank you for your help, i have replaced the code to include INR in catalog/controller/feed/google_base.php as you have mentioned. will it take some time for the change to show up ? as when i checked in Google Structured Data testing it still shows the same, pls see screenshot here https://www.screencast.com/t/N2qBe3HpMxk

Your extension is just what i need, yes i would definitely need a couple of extras too, but as i am a bit tight on my budget at the moment need to get this working as of now, sure i will go for it asap. :)
Thanks & regards
Baskar

Post by uksitebuilder » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 pm

The code I posted was simply to get your INR currency in to the feed instead of USD

Alas for the structured data / microdata, Journal adds this itself in the product page template.

You would need to contact the journal theme developers to ask them how to change the price in to the correct format for Google Shopping (e.g. a float number without commas and without currency symbol)

Guru Member

Post by Baski » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi uksitebuilder,
Thank you very much for your help ! :) i will get in touch with the Jounal Developers asap.
also hoping to use your extension soon! :) .
regards
Baskar

Post by Baski » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:19 pm

Hi uksitebuilder,
Will your 'Google Merchant Shopping Feeds OC 2.x' work out of the box in my OC 2.0.3.1 with Journal theme and will it resolve my issue please ??
Regards
Baskar

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:10 pm

If the Journal microdata is corrected as I mentioned above or removed completely (to allow our extension's microdata to be inserted), then yes it will work.

Guru Member

Post by Baski » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:41 pm

Can you install it for for me ? how much will it cost me ?

Regards
Baskar

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Please raise support ticket at our support site: https://support.opencart-extensions.co.uk and we will be happy to assist with your enquiry.

Guru Member