Post by cyclops12 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:43 am

Have you got a php.ini file in the root of your hosting site thats different to the php.ini file in the root of your store?

Expert Member

Post by cyclops12 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:49 am

You could also see what the suhosin.memory_limit is set to

Expert Member

Post by jasonc310771 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:09 am

I done a search for suhosin.memory_limit in the phpinfo text but nothing shows.

I do have a php.ini in the root folder it has...

ini_set = On
memory_limit = 2048M

Post by victorj » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:24 am

in php.ini located in root of site edit memory_limit so it looks like

Code: Select all

memory_limit = 128M
Althoug its more looking like a apache configuration problem, in your initial error there is a reference that no more child processes can be created.
Child proces is a apache configuration thing.
As you are on shared hosting, its possible that any other site on this shared machine is creating a lot of child processes.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by jasonc310771 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Does Opencart Version 2.3.0.2 ever need more than 2gig of virtual memory on a basic install with default items left in ?

Post by jasonc310771 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Apparently I have been told that the cloud server I am on has user resource settings, meaning that each user can have their own settings for their account or site.

So that being said, it is my site (basic default install) that is causing the issue with memory !

mmmmm.. not sure about that...

How can this basic install need to use 2gig of virtual memory ?

Forgot to say that I did not install VQmod or anything... Just the out of the zip package. !

Post by jasonc310771 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:36 am

I am still getting these sodding error 500's... Driving me crazy... The shared cloud server guys say that each user has there own allowances (child processes and memory limits, etc) they have increased the memory limit to 4gb ! how on earth does OpenCart need to use up to 4gb of memory to process a page ? it's not like I have 1000000 items on just the one page...

I have XAMPP installed and do not get any errors ever ! so why would I get them on the live server. My host says that there has to be something up with the scripts I am using... ! I even get it when I install from cpanel and leave the default items in it and try to go through the shopping cart I get to the second part where I enter my address and name and stuff that I get the error before the page has completed loading. Is there some way I can do some debuging that logs more information to narrow down exactly where the problem is ?

Post by theone » Fri May 12, 2017 11:45 pm

Hi,
did you found any solution? im having same issue..
please advice

thanks a lot

Post by jasonc310771 » Sat May 13, 2017 12:41 am

Ask your host to allocate more memory (virtual and otherwise) to your account. It's likely you are also on a Cloud Server... If no luck come back and I will see if I can help in another way.

Post by theone » Sat May 13, 2017 8:20 pm

hi,
i tried to contact my host (a2hosting.com) for the issue and asked them for upgrade package to turbo and they told sales team will update my ticket but till now no reply from them.

i was using a2hosting shared lite package which was working good from last 3 month but for last few days this error comes up.
i guess before the server hadnt much clients so i got good resource support but now may be they got many clients so server having issues.

however can you suggest any good alternative hosting company with reasonable cost?

best regards

Post by theone » Mon May 15, 2017 7:33 pm

update:
all working ok after they updated my package to turbo package.

so far im happy with their service.

thanks