Post by uzumakifahim » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi,
I'm changing my site design. How can I Backup the whole database and restore it to my newly designed site?

I am new to opencart. Please help me guys. Please help....

Post by irssoft » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi,

If there is no change in the new website Opencart version or database structure, you can use the same database. Seems like you are using the new theme in your website. If I am not wrong, surely there should be a change in the database.

If you want to migrate your products, categories, orders and customers from your previous site, you can try any Opencart extension. Please find the below link for the migration extension from us.

https://goo.gl/lAFBhM

Let me know if you have any query.

Regards,
IRS SOFT

P.S. Please feel free to contact us, if you have any opencart related queries on opencartsupport@irssoft.com

Regards,
IRS SOFTWARE
P.S. If you have any Opencart related queries, please contact us on opencartsupport@irssoft.com

Location - Chennai, India

Post by uzumakifahim » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks IRSoft for your reply.

Is there any way to back it up manually and restore? May be using CPanel or any other way? Is there any written documentation? I'm looking for something like that. :) :)

Post by thekrotek » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:03 pm

If you're familiar with PHPMyAdmin, you can simply export/import your database. If you're not yet familiar with PHPMyAdmin, I'd recommend you to get acquainted, because it's a very useful tool, which will save you tons of time and efforts in the future. Exporting and importing of database is a very easy operation and doesn't require any extensions.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by uzumakifahim » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:35 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:03 pm
If you're familiar with PHPMyAdmin, you can simply export/import your database. If you're not yet familiar with PHPMyAdmin, I'd recommend you to get acquainted, because it's a very useful tool, which will save you tons of time and efforts in the future. Exporting and importing of database is a very easy operation and doesn't require any extensions.
Thanks fr your reply. I'm familiar enough with PHPMyAdmin. Could you please give me any good tutorial link with step by step tutorial? I'll be really grateful. Thanks in advance.

Post by thekrotek » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Just select the desired database and click Export button on top menu (right section). Do the export in SQL file. If you want, you can tweak the export by selecting Custom on export page.

To import select the desired database again, click Import, browse to your file and submit it. That's it, you're done.

Expert Member

Post by thekrotek » Fri May 12, 2017 3:46 pm

You can use default settings, yes. They're pretty much enough.

Expert Member

Post by victorj » Mon May 15, 2017 5:49 am

if you do a standard export, you can only import in a empty database.
So before importing you will have to delete all databse fields.

by doing a custom export, you can select drop and create, letting you import in a full database and overwrite existing data.

would recomend using phpmyadmin and just copy database to a new database, and play try and test on that to see what happens and how it works

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by IP_CAM » Mon May 15, 2017 7:01 am

just make sure, to NOT ONLY download the DB Table Content, but the entire Works,
including all those 'CREATE and so on' Commands, otherwhise, just by formatting a
new DB with only default OC Default Tables, backed up DB Data, containing tables and
sections, possibly added by use of Extensions, would no longer find their Place to be.

But if you have a full-pack Backup, your can just create a new DB, and then restore everything
into it, as it was before.
Good Luck
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland