Post by eeji » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:37 am

How do I upgrade to the latest version from v2.1.0.2? There seems to be no documentation at all, the only things I can find relate to older v1.4 and 1.5 :/

Post by eeji » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:38 am

Anyone?

Post by eeji » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:48 am

Surely someone knows how to update this thing???

Post by eeji » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:25 pm

maybe time to bin off opencart and look for an alternative that has some support for the simplest of questions?

Post by Kiwisouvenirs » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:18 am

Also looking for upgrade instructions. Doc in the pack is for 1.5.x stores only !

Post by williamhazel » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:28 am

Did no one ever respond? Even privately?

Post by BlueNote » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:26 pm

I also need to update from 2.1.0.1 to latest version.

I use the vanilla template, just using my own logo and customised colours.

So is it a simple case of deleting the config.php files from root & admin and overwriting everything on the server, or are there any database changes aswell?

After backing up everything of course..

Post by BlueNote » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Well, to anyone following this thread, here's how I did it and my shop seems to be working fine so far.
However, please bare in mind that I am using the default template and only 1 extension (for which I have downloaded the update from the developer).
Other than that, my OC is a standard installation, so if you have any other extensions/add-ons/themes installed, this may still not be for you, this is only how it worked for me on my standard vanilla OC install.

Before you go ahead, back up everything, then check that you have backed up everything, then check again that you have backed up everything.

1) Uninstall any extensions (Check with your extension(s) developer before doing this)
2) Download 2.3.0.2 and unzip it
3) Open the upgrade.txt file for instructions - They are for for upgrading from 1.5x, but they still worked for me upgrading from 2.1.0.1
4) Delete config-dist.php from upload folder and upload/admin folder
5) Use ftp to upload the upload folder on top of your OC folder on your server
6) Delete the below folders from your server. Your store will just display error messages if you don't do this.
admin/controller/payment
admin/controller/shipping
admin/controller/total
admin/controller/module
catalog/controller/payment
catalog/model/payment
catalog/model/shipping
catalog/model/total
7) Continue following instructions from the upgrade.txt file

Post by williamhazel » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:02 am

I ended up buying ExcelPort from iSenseLabs. Was super skeptical, especially with the $109 price tag (been burned in the past) which has kept me from purchasing it in the past but figured with as many good reviews as it's gotten I'd give it a try. Happy to report that it works pretty dang good. Would recommend to anyone who wants to upgrade but doesn't want to mess with files or databases.