Post by jimsaxton » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi can anyone tell how I can change the domain name of my store, I don't want to have to start all over again.

I go to Settings and see the Store URL but on edit I can't see option to change url

Post by uksitebuilder » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:09 am

You change it in your config.php and admin/config.php files.

Also, if you have edited your .htaccess file and it mentions your previous domain (for a redirect etc), you should also change it there.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by RideTheWave » Fri May 19, 2017 8:44 am

I'm about to do the same, just change the domain name. The files will remain in the same server and the database will remain as is, it's just the domain name I'm changing. After the new domain name gets pointed to the server, are those the only 2 files that need to be changed (config.php and admin/config.php)? I'm trying to be cautious about this because I read in another post where someone who moved his OC store couldn't get into his admin due to url issues. And I think it was the same post but someone recommended changing something in the database (config_url key) but I couldn't even find that in OC 2.3.0.2. If it's really just those 2 files that need to be changed (and .htaccess if necessary), then that would be awesome.

And of course, the SSL certificate will probably need to be re-keyed but I'll cross that bridge when I get there...

Post by uksitebuilder » Fri May 19, 2017 2:34 pm

To be safe, also clear via ftp your
system/storage/cache folder

if you have vqmod installed clear
vqmod/vqcache
delete vqmod/checked.cache
delete vqmod/mods.cache

Any other caches you may have from installed cache extensions

Once you have switched Refresh your modifications via admin - Extensions - Modifications

You may also need to update any banners you have set-up where you previously added links to them which point to the old domain

Likewise any links to the old domain in any descriptions, info pages, etc

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom