Post by Rab070 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:41 am

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there were any developers out there that could help me with what I am looking for regarding filters which I would like to add on my website as I think that it is one of many things that can help with SEO and search engines.

Sadly I cannot upgrade to the new version of OpenCart as I have a lot of custom work done on my website and it works alongside the 1.5.6 version of OpenCart and for me at this stage to start upgrading etc. is a lot of work and major steps back this is where I was hoping someone would be able to do custom work for my website/version.

I was looking for a filter that adds a path to the URL along the top and also that adds the path to the breadcrumb so for example at the minute I have a category on my website called Irish Whiskey and the breadcrumb for this category is as follows:

Home > Irish Whiskey

So if a customer came onto that page there would be select dropdown filters along the top with the following names:

Style/Type: Brand: Price: Age: Etc.

So currently I have categories named Blended, Single Grain, Single Malt & Single Pot Still but if the customer decided they wanted to filter out all the Irish Whiskies by selecting Style/Type and from here it would list these different style/types and they decided to use Blended Whiskey and selected this from the dropdown then it would take you straight into the Blended Whiskey category and also it would change the breadcrumb path to the following

Home > Irish Whiskey > Blended Whiskey

But if they kept the blended whiskey selected however they then wanted to filter out the certain brands so for example if they wanted to see Bushmills Whiskey only and selected Bushmills Whiskey from the brand dropdown it would take you into the Bushmills Whiskey manufacturer page for Bushmills products only and the following breadcrumb would be as follows:

Home > Irish Whiskey > Blended Whiskey > Bushmills Whiskey

And again if they wanted to filter out the Bushmills Whiskey products by Price and say for example decided on Up to £50.00 it then would list all the products that are below £50.00 however again this would add a new breadcrumb path which would be as follows:

Home > Irish Whiskey > Blended Whiskey > Bushmills Whiskey > Up to £50.00

And this would be carried out to all the filters. But say for example you wished to remove the Bushmills Whiskey it then would remove it from the breadcrumb so it would look like the following:

Home > Irish Whiskey > Blended Whiskey > Up to £50.00

And the more you wish to remove or reset it just takes them away from the breadcrumb, so the question I have is does anyone thing they could create something like this for me? I hope I have explained everything as best as I can and I look forward to your replies, hopefully someone can provide me with some good news.

Many Thanks,
Rab070

Post by shakalya195 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:02 am

I have made a quick SEO URL manager for SEO URLs in opencart
please check this out if this can help you.
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=28228