Post by ahpongccx » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Greetings,

Need help from any pros, beginner here... recently panic with my website error which is "500 internal server error" , I did modify .htaccess file but something weird happen on my website.

1) My site load fine in the morning and night(I checked everyday) , but during my working hour approx 10am - 6pm , site is loading very slow and sometimes pop up 500 internal server error, after refresh several times or once 500 error is gone.
2) This morning I did adding product to my site and site is running very smooth beginning , but after half an hour website load slow suddenly until pop up 500 server error. It happen many times.
3) Another is show up mysqli.php error , but after refresh , error is gone.
4) I have another 2 share website on my server , self code website is working fine but those opencart site having problem with the error as above.
5) I did check my page speed by using google insight, but result of mobile site show "an error occured", sometimes error drop to desktop and show mobile result.

Wonder all of this opencart problem or I need to ask support from my hoster ? please advice and apologize with my poor english. :D

Opencart : 2.2.0.0
Hoster: GoDaddy
Last edited by ahpongccx on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:16 pm

Ditch your web host and move to a better one. Random 500 internal server error shows an issue with the server, sometimes due to poor performance.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by thekrotek » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:31 pm

MarketInSG wrote:Ditch your web host and move to a better one. Random 500 internal server error shows an issue with the server, sometimes due to poor performance.
Actually, in most cases error 500 is a database error and it's easy to trace.
ahpongccx wrote:1) My site load fine in the morning and night(I checked everyday) , but during my working hour approx 10am - 6pm , site is loading very slow and sometimes pop up 500 internal server error, after refresh several times or once 500 error is gone.
Most likely you have a database error and it indeed can lead to slow page loading. To see, which error exactly do you have, set Display Errors to yes in your store settings. If you still see generic message or empty page, this means, that errors are still suppressed somewhere on your server. Maybe you have a global php.ini file - check it and make sure display_errors set to On or 1.

In short, you performance drops due to improperly coded script or recourse hungry queries. There's also a pretty good chance, that you have a malicious script running. If you're familiar with SQL, you can look in mysql_slow_queries file (if any) and find out the ones that take most time to process. As for malicious script, you'd better contact your hosting provider and ask them to scan for malware. Usually, they do it willingly.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member