Post by Przemas » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:15 pm

I'm looking for way to upgrade to OC 2.x from 1.5.5.1 . Can't find a good way though. While I found way to transfer products (using various exporters / importers), but what about customer data?
I have some returning customers - if I ask them to re-register lot of them will basically become lost customers.
Are there any scripts/plugins that could handle such migration? Or maybe people offering such migration as a service?

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:19 am

find here, what you're looking for:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=169980&p=647619#p647619

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Przemas » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:54 am

Thank you - super useful! Glad to see there's away to migrate to new version of OC :) .

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:56 am

Przemas wrote:Thank you - super useful! Glad to see there's away to migrate to new version of OC :) .
The upgrade script with v2.3.0.2 works.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by lz1nud » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 pm

I would suggest to wait for new version. The last one still has some strange bugs.

Sky-Mag Bulgaria

Location - Bulgaria

Post by thekrotek » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:10 pm

lz1nud wrote:I would suggest to wait for new version. The last one still has some strange bugs.
In new version new strange bugs will emerge. All latest major OpenCart releases have pretty serious faults. You can wait indefinitely for perfect OC release.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:24 am

lz1nud wrote:I would suggest to wait for new version. The last one still has some strange bugs.
Which bugs are you experiencing? I haven't noticed anything major but a lot of features aren't used by a lot of our clients.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Post by thekrotek » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:52 am

EvolveWebHosting wrote:Which bugs are you experiencing? I haven't noticed anything major but a lot of features aren't used by a lot of our clients.
API sessions, broken (unfinished) backward compatibility and tons of more. Just see the list of issues reported on GitHib. As for new features, well... I haven't noticed anything major besides new folder structure and extremely annoying Extensions page, which now loads extensions list via AJAX.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:54 am

thekrotek wrote:
EvolveWebHosting wrote:Which bugs are you experiencing? I haven't noticed anything major but a lot of features aren't used by a lot of our clients.
API sessions, broken (unfinished) backward compatibility and tons of more. Just see the list of issues reported on GitHib. As for new features, well... I haven't noticed anything major besides new folder structure and extremely annoying Extensions page, which now loads extensions list via AJAX.
When have you ever noticed them to offer backwards compatibility? As far as the 2.x releases go, I think this is the best one so far.

Post by Cart2Cart Team » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:19 pm

I'm quite sure there's no more straightforward and easier way to upgrade OpenCart stoore to 2.x. tha using Cart2Cart upgrade plugin. It fully automates the process and keeps your OpenCart 1.5 store online. Also, you could any time request free support to help you manage the upgrade if needed.

Cart2Cart - simple, fast and effective migration to OpenCart