Post by HAO » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:38 am

Yesterday, I will 2.1.0.2 table structure, upgrade to version 2.3.0.2.

Although the process went smoothly, But in understanding the process of manually updating errors, I do not know how to get started.

Because those of us non-English users, We must rely on Google Translate to understand English discussion is a very difficult thing.

If to fix bugs, just modify the code, I hope you will be able to provide a more straightforward way.

Just like the way the release of phpBB 3.0.x.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2111068

Directly provide the following update file method:

phpBB-3.0.8-patch.zip (Patch Files)
md5sum: 75308c5c4e8d1c17ca8faa30687f1b42

Let not modify or overwrite the core of the user can be directly replace.

phpBB-3.0.7-PL1_to_3.0.8-codechanges.zip (Language and Style Code Changes)
md5sum: 4503e3959d39a6bd9d80bbe2e2b9d0a4

Let the user manually edit each code that needs to be fixed.

If there is anything that needs to be given special attention by the developer, Can also be marked.

In simple terms like this "Official Opencart v2.3.0.2 bug reports" topic to do the discussion of reports.

Fixes bug, You can also post a topic of the release the update file, Just like phpBB.

As long as there is a new bug reports to fixed, You can update the file in the above to tell the user to fix. (Mark File Date)

I think this should be more convenient for us to use OpenCart, Will the administrator how do you think of this idea?

--------

以下是我給 OpenCart 香港官方的留言:

我希望你們能夠提供像 phpBB 官方那樣的釋出方式,對於錯誤的修正,請直接提供可覆蓋的 patch 更新檔,或是手動修改的 codechanges 的檔案,這樣對我們使用者也比較好知道如何修正錯誤,不需要一個一個爬文來修正錯誤。

針對錯誤回報討論串,就按照原來的方式進行錯誤討論,我們只要按照「OpenCart 2.3.0.2 錯誤修正檔」的主題,針對上面提供檔案的進行修正,如果需要開發者特別注意的也可以另外註明,日後有新的除錯項目也可以特別標註修改日期,這樣應該對我們在使用上會比較方便一點。

請問管理員你們覺得這樣的想法如何?

HAO

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:35 am

Something similar exists already, and it's done by use of Github.com
https://github.com/opencart/opencart

I admit, it's not so easy, to understand, how it works, but by use of this Site, one can
upgrade files, to so fix existing Bugs. ;)

But just don't forget, auto-Upgrading an existing Shop could only function, if NO Extensions
have been added, ever, so, possibly modifying/replacing existing files. And no Upgrade
is possible, if someone uses a Customer Theme, Extensions, or VqMod's, without certain
Risks, that suddenly errors are telling you, that something went wrong someplace... :o

Everybody can create + offer Extensions, so, there is no limit, and no control, just keep this in Mind!
And, by Default, OC does no release Upgrade-Packages, they release updated OC-Software, each one
carrying a new (Sub) Version Number. it's now about #25, from the first v.2_rc to the latest.
Good Luck ! ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by HAO » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:27 am

So if we want to fix the existing bugs, Is it better to download the latest OpenCart files from Github? (Included in this system, install the extension and theme?)

Do you mean mean it ?

HAO

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:58 am

Not really, but it can be done, as I informed you above. But I am not going to explain, in detail,
because I never tried it either, so, you have to learn it by yourselfs. ;D
---
But when moving UP to the next OC-Release, some fundamental Code possibly changed as well,
and Extensions and possibly the DB need to be adapted/upgraded as well, to still function in full.
But this is the price, to pay, to belong to the FIRST, like with Windows, and everywhere else. :-*

Good Luck ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by HAO » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:36 am

I still feel like a powerful open source software.

Should be released in the new version, Must be done debug work.

Do not release every time, there are a bunch of problems, This is really not a good thing.

I want to say is like this.

HAO