Post by bigfkinape » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:43 am

Hi There,

I'm experiencing a quite similar problem with the "continue" button on our checkout page but only on IE. I'm hoping that someone can help me with this and also help some other poor souls having this same issue :)

Here are the list of things that I would like to point our regarding the issue that we are experiencing.

- I used IE9 to simulate the bug(I have not tested it in other versions of IE). Whenever I checkout an item and reach the actual checkout page, the first form that I would need to fill up which is the billing details does not seem to submit correctly after clicking on the "continue" button. The submission of the first form, which is the BIlling Details in this instance, takes a much longer time to complete compared to Chrome and FF. Once the submissions seems to complete and receives a response form the server, I get an alert box which just shows the message "error". I have looked into the developer tool of IE9 and saw that the ajax request to ""checkout/guest_shipping"" actually gets aborted.

- I have disabled registered users on our e-store. We only let guest users to purchase on the site.

I have tried things to solve this like:
- changing the data type of the ajax post for "checkout/guest_shipping" to "text" instead of "json".
- I also tried changing the character encoding for my checkout controller.

but to no avail...

Unfortunately there are no error logs being recorded for this. The checkout page works perfectly for Chrome and FF.
Also, the version of the site on my localhost seems to work perfectly on IE9. So only the production site has problems with IE9.

You can take a look at our website at:
http://www.sleepwell.sg

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Post by StevenKhieu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:07 am

I am too losing so much sales over this issue
anyone figure out why this is happening ?

Certain customers not able to go through checkout process or even sees it.
they get to the shopping cart and that's it, it stays there forever, and keep looping the customer round and round and round about the cart, and not proceed to check out steps.

Post by StevenKhieu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:11 am

Anyone figure this bug out yet >?

I am encountering this issue everyday.
Not all but a good amount of customers are complaining that they cannot see or go through the checkout process.
When they have everything in the cart, and ready to check out, they can't check out at all.
The page keeps looping them through the cart, and not proceed forward.

It doens't happen with all cusotmers but randomly, it just does that.
and there is no log to indicate what the problem is.

I am losing so much sales over this issues, and it is making the customers really mad.

Post by Ozfarmer » Thu May 16, 2013 8:59 am

Get the same thing here with the continue button on regitration www.ozfarmer.com not with all customers. Its very random and seems to be IE9 although I cannot replicate the issue on my end.

Location - Australia

Post by runwithit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:56 am

I have the same issue, I can't believe all these people have the same issue and no answer has been posted :'(

Post by runwithit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:59 am

Hi,

I struggled with this but finally found the answer:

1) Download and install Mozilla firefox
2) Install Fire FTP
3) Open FireFTP in Mozzila and connect to your account (if you havn't already done so you need to create an account from clicking in the top left dropdown inside of fireftp and clicking "create an account" - then enter your ftp details)
4) on the remote side of fireftp (the screen on the right [the left screen is your local view/side]) navigate to yoursitesrootfoler/components/com_mijoshop/opencart/catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout
5) once you are there you should see about 12 files (I have exactly 12) , a few of these are the ones causing you problems
6) On your local side of fireftp (the side on the left) create a folder called 'TPL files' somewhere (I created my folder on my desktop) you can create a folder by right clicking on the left window and hitting 'create directory'
7) Create a folder inside of 'TPL files' called 'Backup Copies'
8) In the remote side (the right side) select register.tpl file, the payment method file and the payment address file and download them into the 'Backup Copies' folder (you download by hitting the green arrow facing left)
9) Once you have all 3 files in the Backup Copies folder actually go to that folder outside of fireftp (like on your pc wherever you saved the folder) and copy all 3 files from your backup copies folder and paste them into your 'TPL Files' folder (you now have two copies - 1 for editing and one as backup so you are safe)
10) Navigate to the 'TPL Files' folder and delete the following code which is at the bottom of all three of these files: register.tpl file, the payment method file and the payment address file. The code to delete is:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
$(document).ready(function() {
$('.colorbox').colorbox({
width: 640,
height: 480
});
});
//--></script>

11) It's extremely important when you delete the above code from the files you file -> save as -> and then save the file with the same filename as you downloaded it and make sure you put the extension .tpl at the end of the filename
12) Save all three files back into your 'TPL Files' folder
13) Now go back into fireFTP and delete the three files we edited from your remote view (right screen) here: yoursitesrootfoler/components/com_mijoshop/opencart/catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout
14) In the local screen (left side) navigate to your 'TPL Files' folder
15) Select all three files and upload them (the little green arrow facing right)
16) Make sure you upload the above files to yoursitesrootfoler/components/com_mijoshop/opencart/catalog/view/theme/default/template/checkout

Goto your site and it should now work :)

p.s. sorry if this doesn't work for anyone - it worked for me

Post by decoden » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:19 pm

I had this same issue and I tried removing the code and that did not work. I just recently installed the Speed extension and have the Minify Javascript enabled and this was messing up the checkout process. When I disabled this feature the Checkout process was fine but the complete opposite.

This may be useful to someone. I am also using a responsive theme and not the default which I found had no issues with Checking out.

My Website: http://www.decoden-acc.com

Post by zuherkanji » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:34 am

Replace all the files in this folder

It worked for me

\catalog\view\javascript\jquery\

Post by minikits » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:24 pm

I had this same problem some nearly 2 years after the website had been running without any problems. Our website uses the MarketinSG Quick checkout module and the continue button would not work. A customer then alerted me that the address label was missing in the create account screen. The setting for address 1 was somehow disabled in quick checkout, which is not something that I had done, and appears to have just happened for no reason. Maybe this is some sort of database issue where a setting is corrupted not sure.

Post by ricdmall » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:07 am

Was this ever solved?

Post by Zolid » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:39 am

I'm having this problem now with OC 1.5.6.4.
Does anyone know anything about this issue?

This happened shortly after moving to another server.
The error occurs when pressing the continue button after choosing a shipping method during checkout.

The error looks like this:

The website is: http://www.cartridgedepot.nl

Post by Zolid » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:49 pm

I don't know why, but a server update solved this issue.
So if you have a dedicated of VPS server you could try to update everything.
If you use shared hosting you should contact your hosting provider.

Post by dswtpl » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:41 pm

Hello,

I think this error occur for the jquery issue. can you check response in console of firefox browser. May be it will help you find solution

Thank YOu :)

Post by orkney » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:53 am

I'm getting similiar reports from customers and it's been difficult to diagnose the actual problem - not once have I been able to replicate it under dozens of different browsers, OS's, guest checkout or registered checkout etc.

A few customers seem to get stuck at Billing Details but no error is shown.

One customer was on Windows 10 with Chrome so I had friends try and it worked fine for them.

Another lady this week sent me a screenshot of the checkout and she had filled in every box correctly, but after clicking Continue nothing happens (just sees the spinning loading icon forever). I tracked down this ladies details in the access log and she was definitely caught in a loop (see attachment), and it looks like its failing at /index.php?route=checkout/guest/validate but there's no info in the Opencart Error Log or vqMod error logs so where do I look next?

This was an international customer but it effects UK customers too, and within minutes of this lady being unable to checkout we had another international customer successfully place an order :-\

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:35 am

You could look in the PHP error logs, where you will find errors that occurred before OpenCart installed its own error handler.

Where they are stored and if logging is enabled is down to your server configuration. phpinfo() should show you the information if you don't know.

If PHP error logging is not enabled (error_log and log_errors), you could turn it on to help track down the issue in the future. I would leave display_errors off.

Looking at the log file you posted. I can see the /index.php?route=checkout/guest/validate did return a 200 status code with the size as only 20. Do successful guest/validate return 200 20? Or are they a couple of bytes bigger?

Also you don't mention what version of OpenCart you are using.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by BOBKIM7080 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:57 am

All of sudden my site happen same thing.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/115 ... -not-works
Solve the problem so far.