Post by deepakgupta66 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi

We are using open cart version 1.5.2.1. Few days back we found all files of open cart and vqmod moved from parent directory to download folder along with image folder.
Can any one help me to find out the reason why it happens

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:12 pm

To be honest there could be 100 reasons ranging from someone accidentally doing it in control panel with a random mouse movement, to some changes by your web host, to a deliberate hack.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by deepakgupta66 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:06 pm

paulfeakins wrote:To be honest there could be 100 reasons ranging from someone accidentally doing it in control panel with a random mouse movement, to some changes by your web host, to a deliberate hack.
Hi Paul

Thanks for update. Sorry I forgot to mention there were many other files too in the same directory which were intact there itself only files related to open cart got displaced to download folders. I want to know is there any way it can happen using admin login. I fear some one hacked admin login and moved or uninstalled open cart from the server. Is it possible. I am new to open cart.

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:21 am

To move opencart Software, on needs to have access to the server itself. Or then, one found a way, to upload a PHP
File Editor
into your shop, by example, by using the File UPLOAD Function, into an unsecured environment. But, as you mentioned, you seem to have a rather un-organized Setup on your server anyway, therefore, it's impossible to guess, what could be the reason for such.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland