Post by obzolete » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Looking for someone who knows what they are doing to upgrade from Version 1.5.6 to the latest.
My website is obzolete.com

Cheers

Tom

Post by rjcalifornia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:57 am

To successfully upgrade Opencart, you need to do the following:

1. Back up your data: Entire site and Database

2. Download the most recent version of OpenCart:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... d/download

3. Extract the file. Open the "Upload" folder

4. Upload all those files inside the folder to the location where your current OpenCart is installed

5. Make sure the "config.php" files are not overwritten

6. Finish the Upgrade Process by going to the "install" page i.e. "mymarvelouspage.com/install/"

7. Remove the "Installation" directory

8. Congrats! OpenCart has been upgraded!

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:10 am

8. Congrats! OpenCart has been upgraded!
or then, it's gone...!

Because you just forgot to tell the Poster, to REMOVE all VqMod's and installed OC v.1.5.x Extensions FIRST, before even attempting to do such an upgrade-attempt. Besides of the FACT, that the OC v.1.5.x Database will not longer function, after such an Upgrade, without additional work.

Just to mention this, he/she will be back her anyway, to find out, why it did not work. ;)
MOST ALL know, that a WIN XP cannot be just UPGRADED to a WIN10, by adding to + partly overwriting existing files.
A WIN 10 has to be newly installed. And exactly the same is true for OC-1.5 to OC-2, a Fact, that so many just seemengly don't want to believe or accept... :'( :'(

But just go ahead and find out, the hard way. :laugh:
Or then, get a professional, like in any grown-up Business, but such does not come for free..

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by rjcalifornia » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:57 am

Because you just forgot to tell the Poster, to REMOVE all VqMod's and installed OC v.1.5.x Extensions FIRST, before even attempting to do such an upgrade-attempt.
I miss that part, hehe

Anyways, I have done couple of stores update for my clients with this process successfully. Even so, I upgraded my own store to 2.0 from 1.5.6

As you pointed out, you must remove/disable third party extensions. So, there is that. Browsing around, I found that there are still issues with the upgrade process.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:19 am

The most important thing is to perform ANY upgrade on a second install of Opencart. NEVER directly upgrade your live store unless you're ok with the potential for lost data and a significant amount of downtime.

I would suggest first upgrading to v2.2 using the upgrade script from Qphoria: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=159898

This script will disable all of the vqmods and extensions mentioned in the posts above.

This is the best script available and we've had a 100% success rate with it. I don't believe there is an 'easy' way to upgrade from v2.2 to v2.3 right now but feel free to correct me if someone knows different.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by obzolete » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:31 pm

Yes to be honest I know all the above and read about it but don't want to do it, I'd rather give it to someone who has done it before

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:14 am

obzolete wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:31 pm
Yes to be honest I know all the above and read about it but don't want to do it, I'd rather give it to someone who has done it before
You can contact us at sales@evolvewebhost.com and we can perform the upgrade for you. This will be a paid service and we'll give you an estimate prior to starting any work.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA