Post by d4ng » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:38 pm

Hello I want build shop witch car parts and I need secondary tree category. Default opencart tree category I used to categorize auto parts. And now I need a separate tree for categorizing brands and models of cars. Do you know any free modules for OpenCart 2.2? or can you tell me how to develop this? (example).

for example: I want seclect part and car model like as an image

so in search result i want see tires for audi a3 8p :)

Post by tabook » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Stock Opencart doesn't have an ability to represent multiple category tree, but you can create (using our extension from my signature below it will be 1000 times faster and easily) for example 2 or 3 root categories with the different leaves (categories) but they will share the same products.
Root_1
_--_Cat1_A
Product X
_--_Cat1_B
Product Z
Root_2
_--_Cat2_A
Product X
Product Z
_--_Cat2_B

On the store front you need to code some "switch" - show only Root_1 and childs or Root_2 and chidls...

Do you catch the idea?

Forget complex and inconvenient stock Categories and Products in OpenCart - use Acute Category Manager +!
Ready for 1.5.x and 2.x Editions

Post by tabook » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:56 pm

Or even easier in your case:
No switches, no hiding, just 2 roots:

By parts
---wheels
---filters
By car models
-- Audi
--VW
----

And then after tree creation just share products between categories (put oil filter to filters category and share within brands)

Forget complex and inconvenient stock Categories and Products in OpenCart - use Acute Category Manager +!
Ready for 1.5.x and 2.x Editions

Post by d4ng » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:12 pm

thank you for your answer but I looking free solution. Any ideas?

Post by ATKOgirl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:06 am

Hi,

Does your extension allow for a sub-category to be listed under three different parent categories. Is this what clone category does? If so, is it maintained from one sub-category?

What I need to do is the following:

Shop by Category>Holidays>multiple subs
Gifts>Holidays>multiple subs
Events + Celebrations>Holidays>multiple subs

With Holidays being the same category with the same sub-categories and products.

It would be great to just be able to be able to just hold down the shift key and select multiple parent categories for a sub-category.

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

Post by ATKOgirl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:14 am

Hi,

I just tried your extension and it is very sleek! Will make managing categories so much easier.

I was able to create a new sub-category and sub-sub-category and then clone them and move them to be below another parent.

How does maintenance work, such as adding new subs or products to the original cloned sub-category?

Do I need to clone the original category every time I add an update to it or is there a way to relate the original and clones so that the changes from the original will be reflected in the clones?

Thanks!