Post by ddorminey » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:14 am

Hi,

OC1.5.6.3

We have the Option to Product module from CodingGoodies. It worked fine with the default theme and with a third party theme we were testing. But, we reverted back to Ancart theme and Option to Product stopped working.

I get this error in VQMod Log.

Code: Select all

REQUEST URI : /index.php?route=checkout/cart
MOD DETAILS:
   modFile   : /var/www/html/vqmod/xml/option_to_product.xml
   id        : Option To Product
   version   : 4.0
   vqmver    : 2.5.1
   author    : Raul Marosan

File Name    : catalog/controller/checkout/cart.php(1)
VQModObject::applyMod - SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $this->cart->add($this->request->post['product_id'], $quantity, $option, $profile_id);
I can attach my cart.php file if it would help. The closest thing I find to a match is on line 543 and looks like:

$this->cart->add($this->request->post['product_id'], $quantity, $option);
I have asked CodingGoodies for assistance but they replied 'check your vqmod log. your non-default theme must have messed up something.' (I'm paraphrasing)

I'm admittedly new to OpenCart but the file referenced does not appear to be a file provided by the theme.

Anyway, if anyone could help straighten this out I would definitely appreciate the assistance.

Thanks

---Devin

Post by ddorminey » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:39 am

I got a response from the developer and they pointed out that I had mismatched versions of their extension and OpenCart.
Rectifying that has knocked out several issues, including this one.

---D

Post by d4industries » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:19 am

Hey guys - just fyi, CodingGoodies provide the best support from any developer I've ever worked with. I'm not being paid to say that either...we use it over at The Wallet Shoppe and the support and response time has been second to none.

Example:

http://thewalletshoppe.com/Bellroy_Note_Sleeve_Wallet

Post by Gubizzo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:26 pm

We gave ftp access as required . Not responding to emails and did not solve any problem ! It gave us a wrong file that has blown the whole system to check out the site , blocking all for two days...now Developer has send us news...testing now.

Post by BriteLightLEDs2014 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:07 pm

is this options to product where can add own product code? i have used this for over a year but it did not fully support my requirements so i have now changed to a diffirent extension which is better for my needs.

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:06 am

You would have to show the XML File-Section, where this LINE exists, exactly, and how it hopefully looks, without any Whitespaces in front or after the CODE-Line itself. In addition, upload a CLEAN copy of a CART.PHP file onto the Controller/checkout-Section, after making sure, this Line, as shown in your VqMod, exists.
Don't just delete the faulty one, download/save it, for possibly future checks and comparances.
---
And, just to mention it, in ALL my v.1.5.6.4 + 1.5.6.5_rc Versions used, in

catalog/controller/checkout/cart.php
I have this, starting on line 611:

if (!$json) {
	$this->cart->add($this->request->post['product_id'], $quantity, $option, $profile_id);
	// $json['success'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_success'), $this->url->link('product/product', 'product_id=' . $this->request->post['product_id']), $product_info['name'], $this->url->link('checkout/cart'));
	$json['success'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_success'), $this->url->link('product/product', 'product_id=' . $product_id), $product_info['name'], $this->url->link('checkout/cart'));
and so avoiding a possible XSS-Hack-Hole, wich could enable one to change otherwise 'given' Post-'Values', related with the QUOTED DEFAULT LIKE ABOVE, I have deactivated this Line and placed the seemengly more secure Line below the 'mentioned seemengly missing' line in your Post.

I got the XSS-MODDED Line Info here:
https://github.com/ocStore/ocStore/tree ... r/checkout
---
This means, that your ANCART Theme is not related to the Problem, basically, because the Theme does not add a VqMod to the Software, nor does it add any CONTROLLER FIles into the catalog/controller/... Sections.

Good Luck ;)
Ernie
openshop.li/cart/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by prolitekeiran » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:27 pm

Just a quick note to say that we've also been using Codinggoodies extensions, including "options to products" for almost 3 years and I'm happy to say that I would mirror the comment above that they are one of the most responsive and helpful extension developers out there that I've had a chance to work with.

It's one of the more complicated extensions we use too. It has some "personality" - but most of that is just the way databases work. If you understand how databases organize data, it's pretty straightforward. It has been stable for the whole time.

3 years ago, I was pretty noob for ecommerce. So I have come to appreciate good quality support. Sometimes there might be a day or two delay, but it might have gone to the spam box on their side or they are just busy, once they are in contact, things will move forwards.