Post by entheo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Hello All

I have started using opencart in the last week and first of all i have to say how good it is! I tried most of the other alternatives before and didnt like them for various reasons and then luckily i tried Opencart and its really good.

I am building a site locally to get used to Opencart and i have got it all worked out except for one thing.......
Changing the background colour of the home page banner/owl-carousel. It is currently #fff as standard and have tried so many different ways to change it but i just cannot. I have read many posts on the subject but most are based on earlier versions of Opencart and they do not work. Any help would be great.

I am using Opencart version 2.1.0.1

Opencart rocks

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Change the background and border on the selector: .owl-wrapper-outer

Expert Member

Post by entheo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Yeah i have tried that a few times with no joy. For some reason the .owl-wrapper-outer and .owl-carousel css i add to stylesheet is not working. All other selectors for all other styling is working fine. Firebug is not picking it up either which is strange.
I might try creating stylesheet just for styling owl-carousel etc and see if that works but am not sure it will.

Opencart rocks

Post by viethemes » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:35 pm

Are you using a custom theme or the default theme? Please provide your site URL, so we can take a look at it closer.

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others

Post by entheo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Thanks for reply. I am working locally using stack for the time being. I will not be going live for some time so just in practice phase.

I am using a theme based on the default opencart theme.

What is weird is that i can change styles relating to selector .owl-controls but all other owl/carousel related css is not working.

Opencart rocks

Post by viethemes » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Maybe you can try with !important

Code: Select all

.owl-carousel {
	background-color: #dedede !important;
}

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme

Post by entheo » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Thanks for your input. I tried that code before with no luck..............but i have managed to sort the problem out.

I managed to fix the background problem by styling both .owl-carousel selector and #slideshow0. There was a border which was assigned to .owl-wrapper-outer but i could not change for some reason using that selector so i used border: none; with #slideshow0 and that done the trick.

Thanks for your help guy's! This is a friendly and helpful forum :)

Opencart rocks

Post by viethemes » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Glad to hear that you figured out the problem :)

Our extensions:

Post by Param » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:15 am

Hello entheo,

I am the same problem which you have faced. Could you please share the lines of code which you have added in the stylesheet as I am new to opencart.

Thanks in advance. :)

Post by viethemes » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:45 pm

Param wrote:Hello entheo,

I am the same problem which you have faced. Could you please share the lines of code which you have added in the stylesheet as I am new to opencart.

Thanks in advance. :)
Are you using a custom theme? If you can, please provide your site URL, so we can take a look at it closer.

Our extensions:

Post by FnF » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:55 pm

I'm currently trying to accomplish the same thing, I cannot get rid of the white box around my front page banner image. Can someone elaborate on the directions here?

FnF

Post by kurdi999 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:23 pm

HI
I'm currently trying to accomplish the same thing, I cannot get rid of the white box around my front page banner image. Can someone elaborate on the directions here?