Post by i2Paq » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:00 am

Daniel: "Here it is guys!" ;)

Download

Issues with a clean install can be discussed here: "Official" 2.1.0.1 BUG topic

BUGs should be posted at the OpenCart GitHub Issue tracker.

Clean install went like a breeze, first impressions: Nice work!

And looking at the work that's been done I'm hoping that This is IT (Quoting Michel Jackson here :D )

Have a look at the: v2.1.0.0 (29.09.2015) and v2.1.0.1 (06.10.2015) Bug & Changelog

Tell me what you think!

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by thbr02 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:57 am

What about upgrade from 2.0.3.1? Is it possible to upload and overwrite the old version?

Location - Sweden

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:24 am

thbr02 wrote:What about upgrade from 2.0.3.1? Is it possible to upload and overwrite the old version?
They'll probably get mad that this is added to this section but the answer is 'NO' unfortunately. I'm still going through the process but there are changes that need to be made to the config files and more.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by sunsys » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:27 am

1. Will 2.0.3.1 vqmods and ocmods work correctly with 2.1.0.1 ?
2. Is there any change in the database structure from 2.0.3.1, can the 2.0.3.1 database be copied over to 2.1.0.1 ?

Regards,
Sun Systems
Industrial Electronics and Instrumentation

Post by OSWorX » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:49 pm

Just for those of us who want to know about database changes.

New:
api_ip
api_session
cart
customer_wishlist

Removed:
customer_ban_ip

When I have more time, I will check for possible changes on the remaining tables - or if someone else will do that post it here.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by gob33 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Once more Summernote has not been updated to its latest version (0.6.16) and we are always stuck with its poor features.

All my extensions

Location - France

Post by pm-netti » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:50 pm

Variable entry_export is missing:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: entry_export in /xxx1/admin/view/template/tool/backup.tpl on line 43

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 pm

The DIR paths all changes for the system sub folders. They are now /system/storage/

You also need to update the user permissions in the admin area for the new features.

If you upgrade, Openbay is going to thrown an error too. I commented out the registry line for it in both index.php files since I don't use it anyways.

I'm trying to remember where the pull request is on Github but there is one for the upgrade file that needs to be applied too.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Post by Daniel » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:29 am

im just moving the main opencart.com to a new server. as soon as this is done i will finish the rest of the bugs.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:46 am

Daniel wrote:im just moving the main opencart.com to a new server. as soon as this is done i will finish the rest of the bugs.
Thank you!

Post by dvdvideo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:56 am

What's of concern to me is this error even though i have maximized memory settings , timeouts etc in the server and in the store php.ini

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77 bytes) in /home/irondrag/public_html/oc21/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 25

This store upgraded ok from 1.5.6.4 to 2.0.3.1 fine and same amount of records, which is quite a lot.
I can login to admin without the upgrade completing but have no permissions to do anything except see the main admin page.

Post by Louis7777 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:50 pm

How about updating the demo with the newest version?

Post by qahar » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:26 am

OSWorX wrote:Just for those of us who want to know about database changes.
All serialized data replaced by json.
I notice this at setting, module and user_group model.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by i2Paq » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Daniel wrote:im just moving the main opencart.com to a new server. as soon as this is done i will finish the rest of the bugs.
Please do.

Then do a new release before adding new features.

Please? ::)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by czorny » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:33 pm

Just hit that serialize/json_encode change...

Was it THAT hard to keep the backward compatibility, huh?

Just to check, whether setting can be json_decoded and if not - unserialize it. Damn, it's a 2 additional lines of code!

Post by bill62 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Hi

when OpenCart will release documentation of how to upgrades from 2.0.3.1 TO 2.1.0.1 ??????

we needed ASP

Post by czorny » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:47 pm

bill62 wrote:when OpenCart will release documentation of how to upgrades from 2.0.3.1 TO 2.1.0.1 ??????
I'm more worried, that they never provide even basic upgrade functionality or backward compatibility. Upgrade process doesn't even update your tables! You will have to add/remove/rename all columns manually.

Actually, upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 is pretty painful. I wouldn't recommend you to do it, it you're not a developer. Cart and wishlist completely changed, every extension, which relies on them, will stop working. API settings and calls also absolutely different and once again, every extension, which makes API calls, will fail. And so on, and so on.

I'm struggling with it for two days already and still having issues, not all changes found. And I'm a professional developer myself.

Post by bill62 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:10 pm

i did contact OpenCart and they replied as bellow:

"I suggest you wait for announcement.

We are not too sure about how to upgrade it yet."

Post by pm-netti » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:10 am

czorny wrote:
bill62 wrote:when OpenCart will release documentation of how to upgrades from 2.0.3.1 TO 2.1.0.1 ??????
I'm more worried, that they never provide even basic upgrade functionality or backward compatibility. Upgrade process doesn't even update your tables! You will have to add/remove/rename all columns manually.

Actually, upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 is pretty painful. I wouldn't recommend you to do it, it you're not a developer. Cart and wishlist completely changed, every extension, which relies on them, will stop working. API settings and calls also absolutely different and once again, every extension, which makes API calls, will fail. And so on, and so on.

I'm struggling with it for two days already and still having issues, not all changes found. And I'm a professional developer myself.
I think this is easier to start forward when the Curl problems have now been overcome. True, changing data (serialize> json_encode) will cause unnecessary headaches to upgrading aspiring.

Location - Kittilä, Finland

Post by czorny » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:06 am

pm-netti wrote:True, changing data (serialize> json_encode) will cause unnecessary headaches to upgrading aspiring.
These "unnecessary headaches" can be solved by just one line in each index.php file.

Catalog:

Insert

if (!json_decode($result['value'], true)) $config->set($result['key'], unserialize($result['value']));
After

$config->set($result['key'], json_decode($result['value'], true));
Admin:

Insert

if (!json_decode($setting['value'], true)) $config->set($setting['key'], unserialize($setting['value']));
After

$config->set($setting['key'], json_decode($setting['value'], true));
Then just open and re-save all your settings, modules, totals etc. These 2 lines could save a lot of time and nerves to many people.

There's also another place, where similar check can be added, but once you've reopened and saved all your settings, it's not necessary to add anything.