Post by swdvs » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:34 pm

My website is one step away from going live. Would like very much your opinions and suggestions. Thank you all for helping me get this accomplished. I'm a noob and have learned so much from all of you. Thank you.

My site is http://grannysclozet.com/

Post by straightlight » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:02 am

It looks like the default template has been overwritten. The logo on the site looks nice. The left-side of the page looks great. As for the middle, right-side of the page, color of product quantity in cart from top header, the add-to-cart button and the chat now link at the bottom may need a little extra work.

On the home page, the grid container showing all your products seems to be a bit condensed compared to the top header width menu. I haven't visited the rest of the pages since I understand what's already mentioned may take sometime to modify already.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by swdvs » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:55 am

Thank you straightlight. I do have a tendency to "talk too much". I'll see if I can tone my writing down. lol
As for the middle, right-side of the page, color of product quantity in cart from top header, the add-to-cart button and the chat now link at the bottom may need a little extra work.
I'm not sure I know what you mean. Can you explain please? Are you referring to the link color?
On the home page, the grid container showing all your products seems to be a bit condensed compared to the top header width menu.
Yes I thought that was what was going to be my last hurdle. How can I make it 5 columns. I'm using 1.5.6.4. I've looked and looked and tried those suggestions I found with no success yet.

Post by straightlight » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:07 am

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Can you explain please? Are you referring to the link color?
In other words, these objects still looks like the original color from the default template theme.
Yes I thought that was what was going to be my last hurdle. How can I make it 5 columns. I'm using 1.5.6.4. I've looked and looked and tried those suggestions I found with no success yet.
3 suggestions I would have on this one, since your site is already live, would be to post your template request in the template support section of the forum. Second suggestion would be to look either on the extensions of the site to download a template presentation that would better suit your needs based on the grid. Third suggestion would be to customize your template by hiring a template designer.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by swdvs » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:29 am

straightlight

I've worked on those areas you mentioned and I hope that's what you were referring to. I'm going to have to ask in the forum about the front page. I'm working on revamping the info page. So how does it look now?

Anyone else want to comment? I look forward to your thoughts!

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:46 am

I would replace add to cart in the Category Sections and elsewhere with thone of those, (the one already including more 'Places' to change the Button Link) because, noone orders a product without seeing it's Spec's and possible Options anyway:

add to cart = go to Product OC v.1.5.6.x :
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=4526
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=16469

and another nice Option:
Customize Add to cart button's caption for some products OC v.1.5.6.x:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=21299

The only thing, bothering me a little... :D
Good Luck
Ernie
openshop.li/cart/

PS: Be aware, that, if you use a Custom Theme, the VqMod has possibly to be modified a little, to make it work everywhere. Just to mention this!

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by digitalhelper » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:42 am

Hi,

I know that this is one of the things that I always bring up but I think that its very important to have.

When you go to the contact page, the only form of contacting you is either Facebook book or email. There is not postal address even for returns or a telephone number (I know that it costs alot of money to have someone man the phones)

But other than that I think its a nice website.

Edit - Also I don't know why people have live chat button on their website if they are not there to answer it and no where to tell people when you will be online?

Post by swdvs » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your suggestions. I apologize for being away for so long (Other irons in the fire).

digitalhelper: Good point on the live chat thingy. I should be online more regularly now. I'm strictly an online store. Returns are handled with the packing slip. I guess I should make a note of that somewhere on the contact page.

IP_CAM: Oh, thank you for those links! I've been trying to find the extension to do just that! Hopefully that will start to bring in more sales!