Post by popular » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Hey!

I just installed OC 2.1.1 and I have a tricky little issue...The website I'm building sells 1 product / service for $19.99. I don't want users to buy more than 1 at a time.

Ideally I'd like the user to click a "Buy Now" button and be taken directly to the 19.99 checkout page. I was able to accomplish that by creating a "Buy Now" button that fire off an add to cart ajax request. Once the ajax received a success response I redirect the user to "index.php?route=checkout/checkout".

The above works fine but, the issue comes into play when the user goes back to the homepage and clicks "Buy Now" again. The cart gets an additional $19.99 and they are taken to a checkout page for $39.98.

I've been trying to force the quantity back to 1 but haven't had any success. From what I can see the magic has to occur in "/catalog/controller/checkout/cart.php". I've tried a few custom solutions but no luck yet :/

Any ideas?

Post by tjsystems » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:10 pm

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=3327

think this module can be easy modified to 2.x, its a vqmod.

Live with 2.2.0.0 fully SSL.

Location - NL, Amsterdam

Post by popular » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Thanks for the idea.

I actually tried that too. Unfortunately the maximum quantity extensions allow you to add 2 items to your cart. To enforce the maximum quantity they don't let you checkout until you remove 1. That doesn't work for me because I send them directly to checkout bypassing the cart entirely.

Post by popular » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:38 pm

So far this is the best I found:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... e%20charge

Doesn't work with 2.0.1.1 tho :/

His idea sounds pretty solid though. I think a good approach might be to clear the cart before adding any new items.