Post by FrederikD3 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi,

I am selling products internationally. All my products can be sold in South Africa, but not all in USA.
I now have orders coming through from USA and need help urgently.

Is there a way that I can block products for certain countries? Or some extension that it picks up the location of the buyer and disables certain products?

I need to get this sorted out asap as I now need to explain to customers that some products are not available in their country.

Please help!! :-X

Post by Johnathan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:19 pm

My Geo IP Tools can do this -- it assigned the location of the customer based on their IP address (with an optional pop-up to allow them to change it) and then you can enter URLs to block for that area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Johnathan » Fri May 11, 2018 9:47 pm

As an update to my previous post, I now have a extension that's designed specifically for blocking products and pages:

• Block Products and Pages

It lets you choose to block products by category, manufacturer, or individual product, and you can base the block on a variety of rules. If you need location-based rules you may still need to use it in conjunction with Geo IP Tools, but it should make creating the blocks much quicker than Geo IP Tools alone.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator