Post by deeve » Wed May 14, 2014 9:38 am

I have a store which is only ever going to be in English.
I'm getting very tired of having to enter a title for French & German any time I wish to edit products in Admin.
Is there a way to safely remove both of these languages?
I don't even have them installed as an option in the front end.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Post by uNeverNo » Wed May 14, 2014 11:01 am

Log into your admin panel and go to "System -> localization -> languages" and delete the languages you want to get rid of.

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

If you feel I have helped, a donation is optional and appreciated. Image

Post by deeve » Wed May 14, 2014 4:04 pm

That's for the front end only though. I do not have them enabled in there, only English.

Post by uNeverNo » Wed May 14, 2014 4:23 pm

Disabling them will still give you 3 language option for the product description. But deleting them will make the 2 other language completely disappear form the admin end of your site.

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

Post by deeve » Wed May 14, 2014 4:28 pm

I repeat; I do not have them enabled in there, only English.
To be more precise; there is ONLY english in there & no other languages.

I think you'll find the solution is more complex. I have read a couple of threads where they suggest altering the admin/model/localisation/language.php file but this did not work in 1.5.2.1. I also tried a VQmod solution which did basically the same & that didn't work either.
Last edited by deeve on Wed May 14, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by uNeverNo » Wed May 14, 2014 4:42 pm

You need to show some respect with your words...... I am not a member of the official opencart team and I help you without being paid anything.

Anyway, I have taken a couple of screenshots to show you how to do it. Take a look at them and you will undertand what I was talking about.
1.png

1.png (14.56 KiB) Viewed 2427 times

2.png

2.png (16.78 KiB) Viewed 2427 times

3.png

3.png (34.78 KiB) Viewed 2427 times

Post by uNeverNo » Wed May 14, 2014 4:43 pm

4.png

4.png (19.42 KiB) Viewed 2427 times

5.png

5.png (38.37 KiB) Viewed 2427 times

Post by uNeverNo » Wed May 14, 2014 4:53 pm

If you only have the English language listed in the Language page, I guess the problem has something to do with your database. Some data, which should have been deleted, but for some reason, stay in your database.
Last edited by uNeverNo on Wed May 14, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by deeve » Wed May 14, 2014 4:59 pm

@uNeverNo - I did not intend to offend you. I am simply trying to be economical with my words. However, you really need to read the question first before wasting any more of your time. Allow me to reiterate my predicament more precisely;

I only have English listed within System/Location/Languages.
In product admin pages I see English, French & German.
I do not need French or German.
I would like to remove these.

Thanks.

Post by deeve » Wed May 21, 2014 9:12 am

Does anybody else know how to achieve this or is it simply not possible in OC?

The fact I find strange is when I bulk import products with Export/Import Tool that Mod does not require French or German titles. The scenario only occurs if I alter any details within products in Admin & only then does it become a necessity.