Post by Northy » Fri May 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi,

First I installed v1.5.6.4 to my root directory and all went to plan, I managed to get the demo store up.

I then decided I'd really like it in a sub directory /shop, so I deleted everything, created the directory and installed it all again.

Now when I complete step 3 and click the Continue button I get a blank page.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

G

Post by uNeverNo » Sun May 11, 2014 1:42 am

you did not clear up the database and reinstall the data into the same database? If so, this could be the cause of the blank page.

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

If you feel I have helped, a donation is optional and appreciated. Image

Post by Northy » Mon May 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Sorry I don't know what you mean?

G

Post by uNeverNo » Mon May 12, 2014 4:28 pm

when you install opencart, in step 2 you are asked to input the database name, user, password etc.
The first time successful instalation inserted all opencart data into the database. then you delete all opencart files but I guess did not clear all the inserted data in that databse.

So the second time you installed opencart in the sub-directory, in step 2, you still used the same databse. Because all the data, which the opencart install script would insert, was already in the database, the script failed to insert the same data into it.

That's probably the reason why you got a blank page for the second time installtion.

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

Post by Northy » Mon May 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Ah, now I get it, thanks.

How do I clear the database?

G

Post by uNeverNo » Mon May 12, 2014 5:30 pm

Log into your cPanel, launch phpMyAdmin, and drop all tables in the database which you input during your first time opencart installation.

Then try to install opencart again.

Post by Northy » Mon May 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Sorry, really dumb question time, but how/where do I do that?

G

Post by uNeverNo » Mon May 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by Northy » Mon May 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Do I have to pay for cPanel?

G

Post by uNeverNo » Mon May 12, 2014 9:08 pm

No. if you buy a server from a hosting company, the cPanel control panel is by default installed on your server, which you can use to manage your server.
The login details of your cpanel should have been sent to you. If not, ask your hosting company.

Post by Northy » Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 pm

OK, thanks, I've found that and am into phpMyAdmin. Do I just select each table on the left individually and click Drop?

G

Post by uNeverNo » Tue May 13, 2014 12:45 am

Yes, select ALL tables in that database, which you inserted the opencart data into the first time you installed opencart, and click DROP. This will empty the database, so if you install opencart again, everything will go smoothly.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue May 13, 2014 1:10 am

very, very good explanations!
you tried hard, I hope it works!

best regards,

Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by uNeverNo » Tue May 13, 2014 1:18 am

IP_CAM wrote:very, very good explanations!
you tried hard, I hope it works!

best regards,

Ernie
I am happy if I help some newbies, 'cause I was also confused and miserable when I knew nothing about programing and before I decided to learn coding many years ago ;)

Post by Northy » Wed May 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Thank you! I got it working! ;D

G

Post by ufotje » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:37 pm

I have the same problem, but for me is it the first time it gets installed, so I'm using a new database....

Post by straightlight » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:09 am

ufotje wrote:I have the same problem, but for me is it the first time it gets installed, so I'm using a new database....
In your host console, click on the error log icon. Do you see any recent error messages, based on the latest date and time regarding your install folder activities?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by karlpers » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:41 pm

I just ran into this issue myself. The problem in my case was that the database user didnt have the right permissions to create/read database tables. That causes a blank page without any error message etc.