Post by Cue4cheap » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 am

I know nothing about this extension but if you restored the public_html folder and still no go, then have you attempted to restore your database?

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by Andaho » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:34 am

Hi Mike, thanks for a quick reply...

After almost having a heart attack and feeling right on edge for the last half hour panicking... it looks like my problem was with my hosts backup restore...

When I restored the backup it took about 2 minutes, then said it was done... but it seems like it actually wasn't done!

Other backups are timestamped at around this time... so I guess their backup service is running right now (being 3:30am here in the UK).

I'm never going to do major things so late at night ever again!
Cue4cheap wrote:have you attempted to restore your database?
I did... from last night's auto backup... and I've lost a load of small changes I made - I took my files backup before attempting to install this, but I forgot about the database! DOH! thank god my shop isn't live yet :D

I think I'll leave this OpenShop extension for some time in the future when I plan to do a full-rebuild of my shop... I've built it while learning, and many many edits without using VQMod... so it's a bit of a butchered opencart install I have... so one day I'll rebuild it from the bottom up and do things properly :)

It's also possible that my server never completely finished unzipping the OpenShop install... so it might have been ok if I waited a bit longer... But after this panic tonight, I think I'll keep my site how it is :D

Post by MaxD » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:38 pm

Andaho, hard to say what happened there. Anyway I recommend try OpenShop at some test installation first in your case.

Post by Andaho » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:40 pm

MaxD wrote:Andaho, hard to say what happened there. Anyway I recommend try OpenShop at some test installation first in your case.
Yep! I agree!... I look forward to trying it in the future on a clean install :) What I said about wishing I found this earlier definitely still stands!

Post by RebelAutoWorxs » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:51 am

I updated opencart, but now openshop doesn't work. Do I need to reinstall openshop?

Post by MaxD » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:08 pm

yep

Post by bobb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:38 am

Guest checkout not visible.

I have a brand-new clean install (zip file extract on web site & install wizard completed) but cannot get the "Guest checkout" option to appear. I have changed nothing from the default settings. My settings/option page DOES have "allow guest checkout" checked but whenever I checkout it forces me to create an account with password. There is simply no option appearing for the guest checkout.

I like many of the changes in openshop including the streamlined checkout, but I need Guest Checkout capability.
Any ideas?

MaxD's file download site is broken (domain expired) so i wonder if he's still around? You can bet he hasn't moved to the Caribbean with all his profits from this free extension. 8)

Post by MaxD » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:02 pm

bobb wrote:Guest checkout not visible.
Disable hidden OpenShop Checkout tweak to use default OpenCart checkout. But OpenShop checkout is way faster and sells generating then Guest Checkout. Configure it at System -> Settings -> Checkout and Register Tab.
bobb wrote: MaxD's file download site is broken (domain expired) so i wonder if he's still around? You can bet he hasn't moved to the Caribbean with all his profits from this free extension. 8)
Nope, I'm still at Ukraine. Which site is expired?

Post by bobb » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:36 am

Thanks, I"ll play with both checkouts.

In your sig:

Mission: make OpenCart perfect digital downloads store! - done! . . . Image

the link at the end (image) leads to fileshop.biz, which GoDaddy claims is "parked". I expected to see your site.

Post by NickAltena » Tue May 31, 2016 12:48 am

I have openshop on the opencart 1.5.6.4 . version and want to make a upgrade (brand new site)...but Is openshop working with the latest version (2.1.0.2) of opencart ?

Post by IP_CAM » Tue May 31, 2016 1:55 am

NickAltena wrote:Is openshop working with the latest version (2.1.0.2) of opencart ?
No, it's not, only up to v.1.5.6.4+!
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by NickAltena » Tue May 31, 2016 4:44 am

No, it's not, only up to v.1.5.6.4+!
Ernie[/quote]

Thanks for quick reply.... now i must think deep...do i want to upgrade opencart...or stay with openshop...difficult decision ;D

Post by IP_CAM » Tue May 31, 2016 7:12 am

I fully understand, just like either getting divorced, to be able to enter into new adventures with a nice Blondine, or then, save the money and keep the Brunette, but familiar to handle One, instead. :laugh:

I've made a compromise, by just getting my OC Baby's Face (responsivly) fixed, so, she just about looks like a young Blondine, out of most every angle again. And most everything else stay's as default and familiar as ever. And since I'm a Code-Player, that Font-Awesome Stuff, and generally the way, how the visual Page Setup has been CSS-'constructed' into those (believed) 12 main horizontally Segments, makes it harder to individually place Stuff, without beeing very careful, or then, risking to suddenly ruin a layout in certain Resolution-Views. I dont' groove on this, it just costs me too much time, even, to get used to it. But this is strictly personal, young Kid's soon will not know anything else anymore, it the today style of doing things.
---
But I fully rebuilt a new OS Admin Extension, by implementing the most used tools, but thereby removing the implementation of everything, specifically related to OS-Extensions + the TWEAKS VqMod-Manager, since it is not longer functionable with MaxD's latest VqMod Pro anyway, according to his own info.

I now use the nice CodeManager instead of the former top OS-File-Editor, not longer working under latest PHP-Versions, the CodeManager includes a 'full' free HELP Function, allowing remote DEV's, if required, simple and controllable Direct Access to Admin+Source. Also the genious SQL-Buddy would not longer function in OC-2 without some new Coding/Linking, one more good reason for me, to stay.

On the Front Side, I use MaxD's latest simple OpenShop responsive Theme. It only consists of a handfull of individual files, everything else is used/taken from the default Theme. This Theme may also implemented into the default Theme section, thereby only replacing header.tpl/footer.tpl/currency.tpl/language.tpl/product.tpl, and adding/overwriting it's own CSS Content into the default/stylesheet Section.

I only use MaxD's OS-specific VqMod's, if/as needed, it makes no sense, to fill up the VqMod Sub with inactive/unused Files anyway, since all of them DO 'exist', and so 'count' as well, from a server point of view, regardless of beeing active or not. And I use specific, tested Tools, and Mod's, to add or peak, where it's needed most. To get to 98/93 on a GTMetrix tested Category Page, on strictly 'free' Wisdom, one just cannot afford 'any' wasted time. ;)

But this is my only personal view, and possibly only, because I am getting old. The same reason, possibly, why I still carry around my aged Brunette v.1.0, for just about 42 Years already. But she still works error free, and even acts responsive, and she mostly understands the meaning, when I try to fool around, with new System Code!
Would you change such, just for the Age and color of the Hair, and sure harder to handle too, by Nature of Things...

But I just hope, you're not a Woman, otherways, please, don't take me for full... :crazy:
---
V.2.5 will be much better, no doubt about. Till then, I succest, you just relax, and enjoy, the Masses of free Toys, meanwhile enabling you, to keep on doing, what you already know.

If you know, what I'm trying to tell ya ;D
Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by NickAltena » Tue May 31, 2016 7:48 am

Well IP_cam... you've convinced me....i , as a woman !! stick to my old gray-haired men :laugh:

No , just kidding , I love the old gray-haired version to much to switch to the new blondine :crazy:
And as an old man with only self acquired knowledge to this stuff...it's to difficult for my to change and fix everything as i want.
I have enough problems with the "responsive" actions on different screens and with the problems of the different browsers to show everything as it should ;)

PS:
My not still so gray-haired wife was yust reading this and is now .....painting her hair to a blondine :P

Post by IP_CAM » Tue May 31, 2016 8:29 am

check here for some of my standard tools:
http://www.bigmax.ch/shop/index.php?rou ... ation_id=4

Good Luck !
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:51 am

Unfortunately, MaxD's OpenShop Site is no longer online! :-\
---
And because of this, I created a temporary Mirror-Site, to enable interested People to still find and download
the last available famous OpenShop Extensions v.1.7.1 for Opencart v.1.5.6.x, soon directly from my
just newly installed OpenShop Test Site at: http://www.openshop.li/shop/index.php
---
Future Talk:
On my Special OS-light Edition, planned, some former OC Functions will be removed, such as Vouchers, Returns,
Coupons, User File Uploads, either partly potentially 'dangerous' Techniques, or then seldom/never used in
small/medium Shops anyway. I want to concentrate strictly on Performance, and share it with those, interested,
(like me!), just looking for a solid 'OC Light' type Software, logically compatible with the huge Range of existing
1.5.x Extensions, but equipped with an enhanced Admin Section, the responsive OpenShop Theme, as well as some
of the best free Extensions, I found and tested so far, to handle a few Things, not available by default.

But I don't plan to compete with anyone, I just want to keep and use, what I know and like best ..., so far at least! ;)
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by MaxD » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:42 pm

Ernie, I don't mind if you take OpenShop for further dev.
I had to give up this project, too much new projects )

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:31 am

MaxD wrote:Ernie, I don't mind if you take OpenShop for further dev. I had to give up this project, too much new projects )
Many thanks, MaxD, it has been a great pleasure, to make use of your famous Extensions and Mod's,
Just recently, I moved on to my (1.5.6.5 upgraded) latest Russian Oc Store OpenShop Package, now acting
as bases for my further Developments, combined with latest responsive v-2 like styled bootstrap Theme Design.
This should keep me busy for a while, but I am very sure, that it will fully serve my needs for the time to come!
Best regards, good Luck, and all the best ! ;)
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland