Post by andyspartan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of an issue with a clothing store I'm making a site for. They have there master product, e.g a Polo Shirt, which then has different sizes and colours. So I added the different sizes and colours to the product options but this is where the problem lies. If i add an option for say medium, I don't know the stock quantity for that one option because there could be 3 medium green shirts, 4 medium red shirts etc.

I have been playing around with something over the last couple weeks that I have called Option Value Variations, essentially when adding an option value e.g Green, I can then add a variation to that value e.g Size, which can then have it's own "Variation Values" with stock quantities, prices etc. I think i've bitten off a little bit more than I can chew with this one and it's becoming such a frustration.

Has anybody ever had a similar situation to this? What solutions did you come up with? I considered having multipe option values e.g Red/Medium, Red/Large but for products with a few variants this becomes bloated in unpractical

Any feedback appreciated

Thanks, Andy

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:51 pm

There currently is no solution to this because as you are seeing it's not a simple problem to solve. Once things calm down a bit there will be a mod or two out for it. I know I am going to write one, but right now with all the craziness around the upgrade an trying to get old mods upgraded etc it will be a bit.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by mberlant » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:20 am

The Search button is your friend. A simple search on "options product control" yields results that include two very active threads, "Product Options" and "Product Options Stock Control." These two threads include more answers than you could possibly hope to receive personally by having started another new thread.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by andyspartan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:07 am

Thanks for the heads up on those other posts. Just took a look at them and people are either telling the OP to go away or coming up with ridiculously complex ideas. Makes my idea look a piece of cake.

This is how the option hierarchy works with my idea:

Code: Select all

Colour
  White
    Size
      Large
      Medium
  Blue
    Size
      Large
      Medium
The option value variations (Size) work the same was as options, with a name and sort order. The option value variation values (Large, Medium) work the same way as option values with quantities etc

I'm pretty much there with it now, have implemented it across the whole system back end and front end. Just running black box and white box testing now

Ta

Post by thbr02 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:39 am

I've got the same problem as you have. I've just started up a site in Opencart for my own company adn don't know how toget arund the problem. Did you solve the it?

Location - Sweden

Post by stuffthatspins » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:31 am

i'm wondering if anyone has found a solution or plugin for this problem...

seems like a common one.

sku | product | color | size | qty
-----+----------+---------+-------+------
a1 | prod1 | white | 9 | 12
a2 | prod2 | white | 9.5 | 11
a3 | prod3 | blue | 9 | 8
a4 | prod4 | blue | 9.5 | 12

thanks!

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:43 am

stuffthatspins wrote:i'm wondering if anyone has found a solution or plugin for this problem...

seems like a common one.

sku | product | color | size | qty
-----+----------+---------+-------+------
a1 | prod1 | white | 9 | 12
a2 | prod2 | white | 9.5 | 11
a3 | prod3 | blue | 9 | 8
a4 | prod4 | blue | 9.5 | 12

thanks!
That is how it already works by default.

Administrator

Post by stuffthatspins » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 am

Maybe I'm not too specific. I'll try again.

I need a specific quantity for the combination of 2 options. not a quantity for each specific option.

For example:
Qty 5 = Size 5 AND Color Blue
Qty 4 = Size 6 AND Color Blue
Qty 12 = Size 7 AND Color Blue
Qty 16 = Size 7.5 AND Color Blue
Qty 2 = Size 12 AND Color Blue

Qty 4 = Size 5 AND Color White
Qty 5 = Size 6 AND Color White
Qty 8 = Size 7 AND Color White
Qty 11 = Size 8 AND Color White
Qty 3 = Size 12 AND Color White

currently it appears that each option has it's own specific quantity and i can't see a way to create quantities for combination of options.

Thanks in advance!

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:44 am

stuffthatspins wrote:Maybe I'm not too specific. I'll try again.

I need a specific quantity for the combination of 2 options. not a quantity for each specific option.

For example:
Qty 5 = Size 5 AND Color Blue
Qty 4 = Size 6 AND Color Blue
Qty 12 = Size 7 AND Color Blue
Qty 16 = Size 7.5 AND Color Blue
Qty 2 = Size 12 AND Color Blue

Qty 4 = Size 5 AND Color White
Qty 5 = Size 6 AND Color White
Qty 8 = Size 7 AND Color White
Qty 11 = Size 8 AND Color White
Qty 3 = Size 12 AND Color White

currently it appears that each option has it's own specific quantity and i can't see a way to create quantities for combination of options.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I read this post a couple of times and the way I understand this is that you're looking to regroup the option values by quantities so when clicking on the Admin - > Catalog - > Option - > Insert (or Edit) - > Add Option Value button, you'd want to see the quantity text box appear along with the already three developed rows on the border. The question is, right now, each results are singled and without knowing the exact option name values you'd want to enter based on the quantity above you'd enter, how could this be achieved since right now the text boxes from the option value names are based by languages ? ;)

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gschelle » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Seems like this quite obvious requirement is hard to understand for anyone who doesn't need it himself.
I also run into the same problem, and cannot find a solution anywhere.
Let me try to clarify the issue a bit.
Let's assume I sell a t-shirt model X. It comes in black, blue and green. Every colour comes in sizes S, M, L and XL.
This results in 3 x 4 = 12 possible combinations of this model X t-shirt.

For above scenario I'm lacking 2 things in opencart:
1. Inventory control. Below matrix shows the actual stock I have:

S M L XL
black 0 1 1 0
blue 1 0 1 1
green 1 1 1 0

- Since I'm not able to specify this exact stock status in opencart, I cannot inform my customers that the t-shirt is out-of-stock if they want to buy "black-XL".
- Besides that I'm not able to check my actual stock without visiting my fulfillment partner. This really hurts in terms of time, money, convenience.

2. Location per combination of options.
My fulfillment partner requires one location for each "colour-size" combination, for efficient, error-free order picking.
Unfortunately, using the current implementation in opencart, I need to perform a lot of manual actions to create correct picking lists. This costs almost as much time as actually picking the orders myself, and is as error prone as doing so.

The only way out of this would be to create a separate product entry for each colour-size combination, but this would ruin the shopping experience of my customers, and is herefore not acceptable.

Since I'm really not the only one facing this problem I would suggest to put this feature on the roadmap for opencart.
I've noticed that prestashop has implemented this feature the way it should be. Because of other drawbacks of that shopping cart system it would really hurt me to switch to that platform. Now the question is: what hurts the most?

Post by robocop1953 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:26 am

Stuck in similar position.......would be great if either opencart would upgrade to include more option capabilities, or if someone out there would create a full blown extension that would provide alot more option functionality when it comes to those of us offering clothing or clothing related products that are available in a whole variety of sizes, colours, styles (of same item). Seems impossible to offer the customer the ability to order a 'combination' order consisting of a product in various colours and sizes all on one product/order page and show the respective total. Don't care for the existing 'stack all your options on top of one another' layout, would be a big improvement if you could create a chart layout with columns for size / colours / quantity. Also taking 'minimum quantity order' requirements in to consideration would also be a big help. If it were possible to amalgamate all these variations and price combinations into one order would be amazing!!

Post by dolrichfortich » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:28 am

Check this module I have worked on, you can now stack multiple options.
http://dolrichfortich.com/opencart-options-pro

Official support page
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=110235

Opencart Options Pro, Reward Points For Review, DISQUS Comment Form,
Dolrich Fortich - Freelance web developer

Location - Philippines

Post by Ed_Rolla » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:08 pm

I know I'm only 3 years late. But, as it might help other people having the same problem, here it goes:

I've managed to go around this problem with this extension: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=2833

The problem with extensions is the compatibility with other themes... Opencart being simple, fast and wonderful as it its (I mean it! I love Opencart!), I can't help but see this as a big flaw in the project. And, being that so, this should be seen as issue and should be included as core functionality for future versions. :-[

WIP Design Publicidade e Marketing Digital

Location - Brazil, Rio de Janeiro

Post by flanders » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:50 pm

Color Size Table - A table for Colors and Sizes
Super Options - Options with quantities and calculate the upgrade total price automatically
Live New Price with Options - Update price product selecting options
Custom Plus Options - My Extensions

Location - Italy

Post by birlodeanu » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:28 am

Hey!
There is a way to change color of other stock status... in v3...
I set a few option in Stock Statuses... but i want each one to be different color

Post by hypemedia » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi we have a module that creates variations and each variations is defined as a normal opencart product (so you have all the features of a normal product for the variation) https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... variations
Please let me know if you need more info.