Post by ospreyvapor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:02 am

Hello All,

I have been trying to find an answer or anyone with the same issue. I have several customer groups. They all receive a group discount of some percentage using the Customer Group Discount extension. This is working fine. We also issue coupons at times for percent off or fixed amount off. These work fine also. The problem arises when a member of a customer discount group also has a coupon. OC happily applies both to the total. At that point we lose money. We need to be able to reject a coupon code (nicely) if the customer is already receiving a discount. The closest I have seen is an example when there is an item on 'Special' to reject the coupon. Has anyone come up against this or have any ideas as to how this can be accomplished? I don't mind going commercial for an extension, but has anyone actually had success with one in this scenario?

Thank you for the input and all the great reading I found out here.

Post by labeshops » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:06 pm

I have a similar issue when I use a site wide discount mod to create a sale and then someone uses a coupon. I've also had someone use multiple coupons on the same order which also should NOT be allowed. Haven't figured out a way to fix it, but I do know the problem exists. Need to find a way to allow only 1 discount to be applied to a total, but I don't know what that is.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Superbobo75 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:16 pm

I would like this thread again moved up. I have the same problem, I do not combine multiple discounts. There is something for combining Order Totals by the rules?

Post by vitalvintage » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:53 am

SAME PROBLEM!!! Any help?

Post by Johnathan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:52 pm

I have plans to add a rule type like this to Ultimate Coupons, so you can disable a coupon if another Order Total is active on the order. You could then create a coupon that is only active when a rule like this is met:

Rule: Order Total is not Customer Group Discount

If you'd like to try out an early version of that rule, feel free to purchase the extension and then contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact. I can send you a pre-release version to try out.

If you are using the built-in "Discount" or "Special" tab of the product data, you'd need a different edit for the extension. I could give that to you if you want to contact me.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator