Post by XXX76 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Has anyone encountered this problem before or is there anyone with a solution to this:

If I try to edit an order in the admin panel Opencart won't let me do this, meaning e.g.
I tried to swap product A for product B as product A was out of stock. When I hit "save" the message "Please check carefully for errors" was shown. I found the error: the shipping method had disappeared and I was told to select a shipping method from the dropdown list - problem now is: there are no shipping methods in the dropdown, so I cannot select anything.

Another scenario: I tried to change the surname of a customer in an order. Same message "Please check carefully for errors". I couldn't find any error - even the shipping method was still there.

Any ideas what's wrong here? Any help much appreciated.

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Did you change the order edit date in your Admin to edit this (older) order?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by PlugGuy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:22 am

Noticed similar problem just today.

I'm logged in as Admin.

Order is from today. Customer needed to change color of item. I can get to the fields and bring the item up and then try to 'add product' before deleting existing, but it warns me with error that:

"You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator."

Yes at the top right I am logged in as Admin. Have not had to edit an order in quite some time. Not sure if this is due to 1.5.5 (bug?) or some other issue, as when I did it before (long ago) it was an earlier version of OpenCart.

Chief Plug Guy
BumperPlugs.com

Post by XXX76 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:42 pm

i2Paq wrote:Did you change the order edit date in your Admin to edit this (older) order?
I didn't change the date and I actually don't see a possibility to change the order date anywhere.. Could you explain why you're asking this? Thanks

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:44 pm

You can set this in your Store specific settings.

If you change this to edit an order which is older then the setting you need to wait a day before you can edit older orders.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by tzshng » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Is the problem solve? Hou you guys solve it?

I experience the similar error too. There is no option to choose at Payment method.
I cannot add/edit an order at all.

Post by XXX76 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:31 pm

No, haven't solved it. I also cannot edit any order no matter if it's new or older. I still haven't found where I can edit the date (if this has anything to do with the edit at all). I believe this really is a bug as tzshg cannot choose any payment method and I cannot choose any shipping method. I hope someone will come up with a solution as not being able to edit orders really is quite annoying...

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:37 pm

works fine for me and many others!

editing the date of an order is not require for normal users! I suggest you pay someone to do some custom coding insteadf of deciding its a bug and expect us to add the feature for you!

I don't know what your settings are to not get the payment and shipping methods you require but it seems to be user error.

i would look under settings and change the date that allows orders to be edited.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by XXX76 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 pm

very helpful, thanks

Post by SelfMan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 am

First of all, go to System > Users > User groups and edit Top administrator permissions.
Select all in both lists, store it, log out, log in. (just to be sure)

Than go to System > Settings > edit store properties. On the tab Option check
Order Editing: [xy] and set the number of days a order can be edited since the creation.

And you should be fine...

Post by XXX76 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Permissions are all set and orders can be edited 100 days. so this isn't what's causing the error..

Post by tzshng » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:48 pm

That is right. Whenever I edit an order, the payment method will go missing for no reason. I'm using the default payment module, Bank transfer as my payment method.

It is not work, and I'm still looking for a solution.

Post by SelfMan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 am

I have a simmilar problem with totals.
I assume, you did not hit the Update totals button before you saved the order.

For me its a bit confusing to have to hit the update totals button before you can change the shipping or payment method.
When you get an error, click trough all items and check if any of the sub-tabs have an error.

Post by ceebeeit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:35 pm

I have exactly the same problems. No possiblity to change payment or shipment method. I would have given exactly the same answers top all question above.
No order change can take place this way.

Would an extension like Backend Order System solve these problems?

Post by PlugGuy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:24 am

Still have same issue - I'm logged in as Admin, have more than 2-3 days set for editing, and have attempted to edit an order.

I get a pink warning banner that says: You do not have permission to access this page, please refer to your system administrator.

In the upper left, I'm logged in as Admin.

Go figure.

:(

Chief Plug Guy
BumperPlugs.com

Guru Member

Post by PlugGuy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:26 am

Did that long ago.

I am the top admin, I have all permissions set and checked, have rechecked, still not able to edit orders.

Need more current info. Nothing here seems to be very current about this subject. Bummer.

Chief Plug Guy
BumperPlugs.com

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Have you tried adding a second admin and using that login?

You may also wan to check for any changes in:
catalog\model\checkout\order.php
catalog\controller\checkout\manual.php
admin\controller\order.php

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by twilightsprite » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:33 am

I have had a stupid number of errors with the order edit function, but this one was an easy fix in my case. Go to the 'extensions' tab in admin then choose 'payment'. Select the types of payment you offer and change 'The checkout total the order must reach before this payment method becomes active' to 0.00.

This might be a problem if you actually need customers to reach a specific dollar amount before checking out. What I found was that if you remove the items from the order so none remain (i.e. no dollar value) only payment options that have that value will be offered in the drop down box. Set them to 0.00 and they all become available and the error won't display.

Alternatively, ADD the correct items to the order BEFORE you delete the old ones so some dollar amount remains in the cart and the payment options will remain. I though this process was the same for the shipping methods but I can't reproduce the process now. Let us know if this helps :)

Post by saneldesign » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:13 am

Hello.

It is not a bug, but simply we sometimes man can not see everything. :)-

GeoZone is a key :). You need to include country of order in your shipping geozone. If you use for example UK Shipping Zone, and order is from another country - then you can not edit order in admin panel, becouse there is no defined Shipping Zone for this country, only for UK.

I hope I helped!