Post by Eggweezer » Sat May 18, 2013 10:54 pm

PHP Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 257 bytes) in /home/content/j/o/e/mysite/html/system/PHPExcel/Classes/PHPExcel/Shared/String.php on line 559

I am using the "Export/Import Tool" (by Jeff Neuhof), and get this error when importing my file.

1) It was working fine on 1and1 (on a shared server) till I hit over 4000 products. Then I got this error.
2) Recommended that I go to a VPS, so I I am now on a VPS on Godaddy.
NOW.... I get the error even when I import a file with less than 4000 products.

In fact, I even get it when I try re- importing the same file that I just exported!)
3) In both php.ini files, I raised the memory_limit to 256M.

The actual Excel file is only 2.6M. I would appreciate any help! Thanks.
Last edited by Eggweezer on Sat May 25, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by rph » Sun May 19, 2013 1:15 am

You're only able to allocate 64MB given the error text which means your VPS is probably set up so an account can't override the core php.ini memory_limit setting. If you're using cPanel you can log into WHM and change the core limit in PHP Configuration Editor.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by Eggweezer » Sun May 19, 2013 2:25 am

I logged into WHM and changed my "memory_limit" to 256M, but now yech support at Godaddy says that I need "re-start" my apache server via Putty. trying to figure out how to do that.

When I open Putty, it asks for the "Hostname or IP address". Would anyone familiar with Godaddy know how I could find that info? I have something like... ip-xx-xx-xx-xxx.ip.secureserver.net, Is this what Putty wants ( don't mean to sound too ignorant, but it is my first time working with a VPS). Thank you.

Post by rph » Sun May 19, 2013 5:39 am

No need to use SSH in this case. Just go to Graceful Server Reboot in WHM.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Eggweezer » Sun May 19, 2013 5:59 am

Wow. Thank you RPH.

I did that that and now it says "A reboot is now in progress...".
Hopefully it will let me know when it is complete. Thank you very much!

Hmmmmm.... After 1 hour, my phpinfo file still shows the orig 64M for memory_limit.
Does that seem right?

Post by rph » Sun May 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Restart should go quickly unless there's some hangup. Go to Apache Status and see what your server uptime is to check. You can also try setting the memory_limit to something lower like 128M or 192M.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Eggweezer » Mon May 20, 2013 9:26 am

rph,
I checked the Apache status. It showed that the server was in fact restarted yesterday and has been up for 1 day and 3 hours, so the re-boot seemed to have worked, BUT..... my phpinfo still showed "memory_limit" = 64M, So... I again reset the "memory_limit" (this time to 128M) and did another "Graceful Server Reboot". Again seems to have reboot complete, but phpinfo still shows 64M. Anymore thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Post by rph » Mon May 20, 2013 10:31 am

You'll have to SSH in and manually check your php.ini file to confirm/make changes. This might help you:

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article ... nux-server

Otherwise try Godaddy tech support again. I don't mean to throw you under the bus here, but Godaddy is such a subpar hoster it's hard for me to justify spending time doing their support department's job for them.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Post by Eggweezer » Sat May 25, 2013 12:22 am

Now...

In GODADDY, on my VPS server, I did get my memory_limit changed to 128M, AND my phpinfo.php file does show "memory_limit" = 128M, BUT I still get the Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 94 bytes) error when trying to upload my spreadsheet with the Export/Import Tool. Does anyone have any idea why? Thank you very much in advance.

Post by butte » Sat May 25, 2013 2:35 am

(1) Depending upon the extent to which the extension expects you to import and export .csv for the respective sake of your spreadsheet and then of your database, ensure that you're exporting EXACTLY the correct .csv format. That in turn, whether manually or via extension, still needs adjustments in order to go into .sql format before mysql will make complete sense of it. You might easily have just overlooked a detail in launching the exports (they'll generally be SaveAs or Export, which the software thinks are different but which "get there" in an expected file).

(2) Since the extension probably uses .csv, and since .csv will not necessarily even work at all, according to a given server's mysql setup, ask your support whether .csv (not might be but) IS the problem in relation to the server's mysql setup. Your phpMyAdmin documentation will probably discuss that problem briefly.) Your 4k threshold indicates that's not the problem, but the change to not working even below that may have triggered a lingering server refusal of some sort.

Guru Member

Post by Eggweezer » Sat May 25, 2013 5:03 am

This is the "Export/Import" tool by Jneuhoff. (I am using in conjunction with "Options Boost")

I got it working.I had to bump my server's "memory_limit" to 384M (for 11,000 products).

And to ensure that I am using the correct format, I first used the tool to export the products from the site.
This "Export/Import" tool does not give me choices for the file type. It exports as XLS format only.

Either way, it is working, but sure does require a lot of memory on the server tp process such a large quantity of products.

Post by butte » Sat May 25, 2013 5:26 am

Good. You might as well see if you can set still higher, since you're not as limited as you would be on some other servers. If you can get away with 500M, or even more, go ahead and set it. The software won't routinely claw at the limit unless that is too low; the limit at any level will remain ready to thump the software on the head. And if on another server Jneuhoff's tool doesn't work, you'll have in the back of your mind that on servers it can't work (you're seeing .xls but mysql isn't, and some syntax transforms won't work). If it stays fixed then go ahead and mark your opener Solved.

Guru Member

Post by Eggweezer » Sat May 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Good point Butte.

I set it to 500MB. Working fine! I must admit that both the "Export/Import Tool" and "Options Boost" are awesome modules, but keep in mind that when getting that Fatal Error that it is probably a memory issue.

As you mentioned, you might as well raise the memory limit" to the max as your server will only use this extra memory when necessary to upload the spreadsheet.

Now, if you have a VPS with Godaddy (and get this error, you will need to raise your "memory limit" with the following steps):
a) Cpanel/service_configuration/php_configuration editor (raise “memory_limit” to 500MB and save).
b) Now, in Cpanel, do a “Graceful reboot” so changes take effect.
c) Then you need to raise the “memory_limit” to 500MB in both of your php.ini files (in the root or public_html folder, and the admin folder).
d) Note: you can upload a phpinfo.php file in your root in your site root to see if changes took place.

Also in Godaddy you need to enable GD & Mbstring(in order for the “Export/Import tool” to work) …. a) Login to Cpanel:
b) Easy Apache (Apache Update)/ start customizing based on profile/next step/next step/exhausted options list/
c) Check GD & Mbstring
d) Save & Build

Thank you for all your help! I will finally mark this thread as solved!

Post by mukul127 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:43 pm

i am facing fatal error of which details are mention below:-

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'Error: Table '.\ecommerce\customer_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired<br />Error No: 145<br />DELETE FROM `customer_online` WHERE (UNIX_TIMESTAMP(`date_added`) + 3600) < UNIX_TIMESTAMP(NOW())' in C:\xampp\htdocs\system\database\mysqli.php:40 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-system_library_db.php(20): DBMySQLi->query('DELETE FROM `cu...') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\model\tool\online.php(4): DB->query('DELETE FROM `cu...') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\controller\common\footer.php(70): ModelToolOnline->whosonline('127.0.0.1', NULL, 'http://localhos...', '') #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-system_engine_controller.php(43): ControllerCommonFooter->index(Array) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\vqmod\vqcache\vq2-system_engine_controller.php(74): Controller->getChild('common/footer') #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\controller\common\home.php(24): Controller->render() #6 [internal function]: ControllerCommonHome->index() #7 C:\xampp\htdocs\vqmod\vqcac in C:\xampp\htdocs\system\database\mysqli.php on line 40

kindly help me to solve this error

Post by boxman86 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:24 pm

Just thought I would share my experience. I had the same issue, I change php.ini file to 512M, increased execution tome and etc. When I made the changes it shows the changes on phpinfo but it still didn't work.

So I logged in to Cpanel, Under Software/Services there's something called php.ini EzConfig, I enabled it and saw the memory limit was on 64M still. I changed the settings there and now it works. My OC version is 1.5.6 and the Export/Import tool is the latest version.
Hope this helps a lost soul

Cheers

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Regardless of OC settings, the allowed Memory Size has always to be set on the Server, otherways, it wil not work. But depending on the Hosting-Type, it cannot be changed by use of USER-Admin Functions, since this function is directly related to amount of money, one pays for the Hoster Abo.
Ernie
bigmax.ch/shop/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by vksingh » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:53 pm

I was facing same error, I did increase memory limit (256 M) from whm(php configuration editor), but issue not resolved.
I figure it out, actually open cart contain own php.ini file inside admin folder so you should to update memory limit there as well along with whm(php configuration editor), and it will work.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:21 am

this should have been as well, by nature of things! :)

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by ezrakurniadi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Another OC problem with memory limit.

My server is a dedicated server with 8 core (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v3 @ 3.30GHz) and 32 GB RAM.
Memory limit is set at 1024 and i already check with what boxman86 suggested (4 posts before), all is correctly set.

I have 1240919 products in 2778 categories, with total 407417 manufacturers. I have no problem with products, search, and categories but on the manufacturer link on the footer (in my site renamed to Author) lies the problem. I get memory exhausted error when clicking on this link.

I tried to run the query from model\catalog\manufacturer (getManufacturers function) on phpmyadmin and it took only 0.0044 second which is good i think.

Really appreciate if anyone can suggest something worth to try.

Post by gancho » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:10 am

i install but if I click on edit it shows me this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function link() on a non-object in /home/iskaefrm/public_html/admin/controller/module/mylivechat.php on line 60

how to slove ?