Post by rdvapors » Thu May 02, 2013 4:26 am

Hi this has been a problem from my first fresh install,

Here is the scenario,

Customer adds items to the cart,

Proceeds to checkout,

Goes through all the steps and accepts terms and conditions and clicks continue,

Reviews order and determines that they can spend more, then directly leaves the checkout process for Home or a Category, either by using the back button on the browser or a direct link.

Adds another item to the cart and proceeds to checkout,

Again goes through all the steps and clicks on continue,

Verifies the carts contents and totals, (at this point there is no indication in the cart that the items previous have been doubled)

Enters credit card info and clicks confirm.

Customer is taken to the success page.

Sounds normal right! Wrong, Looking at the sale (Sales>>Order), the items have been doubled from the previous checkout process. Mind you the customer did not enter any credit card information but did leave directly from a link or by using the back button. Either way the items get doubled. They do not get charged for the doubled items. But it is very annoying to see the invoice having double items. This happens in with stock checkout or custom checkout.

Is there a fix for this?

Post by Daniel » Mon May 06, 2013 12:18 am

this does not happen unless you have modified the code somewhere!

a new order is created every time you reach the checkout confirm.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by opencartArab » Wed May 08, 2013 6:56 am

rjain wrote:i upgrade 1.5.4 to 1.5.5.1 but now when i use coupon and click on apply coupon then show error:

Notice: Undefined index: left in /home/xxxxx/public_html/catalog/model/checkout/coupon.php on line 60Notice: Undefined index: right in /home/xxxxx/public_html/catalog/model/checkout/coupon.php on line 60Notice: Error: Unknown column 'c.left' in 'where clause'
Error No: 1054
SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM `oc_product_to_category` p2c LEFT JOIN `oc_category` c ON (p2c.category_id = c.category_id) WHERE p2c.`product_id` = '147' AND c.`left` BETWEEN '0' AND '0' in /home/xxxxx/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 50

please tell me how to solve this problem.
cagbaazee wrote:Hi

I wanted to add a Coupon for a special promotion. When I select the Category and Save the Coupon. I test it but it display the error problem :

Notice: Undefined index: left in /home/sssssssscx/public_html/eshoppy.org/opencart/catalog/model/checkout/coupon.php on line 60Notice: Undefined index: right in /home/ssssssscx/public_html/eshoppy.org/opencart/catalog/model/checkout/coupon.php on line 60Notice: Error: Unknown column 'c.left' in 'where clause'
SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM `oc_product_to_category` p2c LEFT JOIN `oc_category` c ON (p2c.category_id = c.category_id) WHERE p2c.`product_id` = '10245' AND c.`left` BETWEEN '0' AND '0' in /home/rapbaycx/public_html/eshoppy.org/opencart/system/database/mysql.php on line 50

When i donot use categort, coupons is working fine, but it apply to all the items. whereas when i select the name of the products it works fine. Main Problem is when i want to select only special category , it donot works, ie example as above.

Is here problem with coupon bug.. but the way i am using version 1.5.5.1

Anyone please help it out.

Thanks

التعليمات باللغة العربية على الرابط التالي
https://www.opencartarab.com/docs
استضافة اوبن كارت العرب
https://host.opencartarab.com

Expert Member

Post by maturumarma » Mon May 13, 2013 2:08 am

my store www.fashioncreed.com is throwing the following error

Notice: Error: Unknown column 'special' in 'order clause'
SELECT p.product_id, (SELECT AVG(rating) AS total FROM review r1 WHERE r1.product_id = p.product_id AND r1.status = '1' GROUP BY r1.product_id) AS rating, (SELECT price FROM product_discount pd2 WHERE pd2.product_id = p.product_id AND pd2.customer_group_id = '1' AND pd2.quantity = '1' AND ((pd2.date_start = '0000-00-00' OR pd2.date_start < NOW()) AND (pd2.date_end = '0000-00-00' OR pd2.date_end > NOW())) ORDER BY pd2.priority ASC, pd2.price ASC LIMIT 1) AS discount, (SELECT price FROM product_special ps WHERE ps.product_id = p.product_id AND ps.customer_group_id = '1' AND ((ps.date_start = '0000-00-00' OR ps.date_start < NOW()) AND (ps.date_end = '0000-00-00' OR ps.date_end > NOW())) ORDER BY ps.priority ASC, ps.price ASC LIMIT 1) AS special FROM product_to_category p2c LEFT JOIN product p ON (p2c.product_id = p.product_id) LEFT JOIN product_description pd ON (p.product_id = pd.product_id) LEFT JOIN product_to_store p2s ON (p.product_id = p2s.product_id) WHERE pd.language_id = '1' AND p.status = '1' AND p.date_available <= NOW() AND p2s.store_id = '0' AND p2c.category_id = '68' GROUP BY p.product_id ORDER BY (CASE WHEN special IS NOT NULL THEN special WHEN discount IS NOT NULL THEN discount ELSE p.price END) DESC, LCASE(pd.name) DESC LIMIT 0,15 in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/122175/webspace/httpdocs/fashioncreed.com/system/database/mysql.php on line 50

steps to regenerate the error in my site www.fashioncreed.com
step1: goto any category in men or women like tshirts
step2: select Sort By Price(Low>High)

Post by CayceGUW » Tue May 14, 2013 11:41 pm

I'm not sure how to go about getting help with my issue or if it is even a bug, but in my site we have products and like to place 100% in the text where it matters. In the description if I do this it kicks me to the store front. I have a page located http://store.americanwaterservicesinc.c ... duct_id=56 that has a 100% in the description, but if I edit that description and keep the 100% in there it does not work any longer.

Please let me know if I can provide more information and how I can help you help me.

edit* better description here http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=101991

Post by i2Paq » Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 pm

CayceGUW wrote:I'm not sure how to go about getting help with my issue or if it is even a bug, but in my site we have products and like to place 100% in the text where it matters. In the description if I do this it kicks me to the store front. I have a page located http://store.americanwaterservicesinc.c ... duct_id=56 that has a 100% in the description, but if I edit that description and keep the 100% in there it does not work any longer.

Please let me know if I can provide more information and how I can help you help me.

edit* better description here http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=101991
And why is this NOT retaled to your custom theme?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by i2Paq » Wed May 15, 2013 1:22 pm

maturumarma wrote: step2: select Sort By Price(Low>High)
I have no such option.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by CayceGUW » Wed May 15, 2013 9:16 pm

i2Paq wrote:
CayceGUW wrote:I'm not sure how to go about getting help with my issue or if it is even a bug, but in my site we have products and like to place 100% in the text where it matters. In the description if I do this it kicks me to the store front. I have a page located http://store.americanwaterservicesinc.c ... duct_id=56 that has a 100% in the description, but if I edit that description and keep the 100% in there it does not work any longer.

And why is this NOT retaled to your custom theme?

Because I don't know how custom themes work for this system. I would love to say it is, but is there a way to test this... turning the custom theme off without losing all the current data within the system?

Post by marvmen21 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:08 pm

I think this topic should be moved to general support since it's not a bug. It might be template related. To test if you have issue with the default template, just go to settings and choose default. http://docs.opencart.com/display/openca ... A%3A+Store

You want to thank me for my time! :) Click here to donate

Post by CayceGUW » Wed May 15, 2013 10:24 pm

marvmen21 wrote:I think this topic should be moved to general support since it's not a bug. It might be template related. To test if you have issue with the default template, just go to settings and choose default. http://docs.opencart.com/display/openca ... A%3A+Store
Ok. It is already in the general support getting a bit of information, but no luck yet. Thanks for thinking about this problem.

Post by CayceGUW » Wed May 15, 2013 10:27 pm

marvmen21 wrote:I think this topic should be moved to general support since it's not a bug. It might be template related. To test if you have issue with the default template, just go to settings and choose default. http://docs.opencart.com/display/openca ... A%3A+Store
Actually make this more fun... set it to default and it still doesn't work.. Can we really say it isn't a bug. Can someone else put 100% in a description for a product and tell me if they get the same thing or not?

Post by chulann » Thu May 16, 2013 9:42 am

@CayceGUW,
Not sure if I understand correctly, but have you tried changing the percent symbol to &#37, ?

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu May 16, 2013 4:55 pm

CayceGUW wrote: Actually make this more fun... set it to default and it still doesn't work.. Can we really say it isn't a bug. Can someone else put 100% in a description for a product and tell me if they get the same thing or not?
Works fine with the '%' character in the latest CKEditor, see here for instructions on how to upgrade it.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by rph » Thu May 16, 2013 8:04 pm

There's already a thread on this. It's not a bug and never should have been posted here.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by CayceGUW » Thu May 16, 2013 9:34 pm

rph wrote:There's already a thread on this. It's not a bug and never should have been posted here.
Actually I posted the other thread. I made mention of it within the first post... Like I said since the beginning I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not. That is why it is posted here. :)

Post by CayceGUW » Thu May 16, 2013 9:50 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
CayceGUW wrote: Actually make this more fun... set it to default and it still doesn't work.. Can we really say it isn't a bug. Can someone else put 100% in a description for a product and tell me if they get the same thing or not?
Works fine with the '%' character in the latest CKEditor, see here for instructions on how to upgrade it.

followed these instructions and sadly did not work ...

Post by joer80 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:35 pm

I think there is a way to get the cart to double your item quantities, but I don't know that it is a bug. (It might be..)

To fix the issue, you can add code to have the cart clear itself out when someone logs in. Here is how to reproduce the issue:

When someone signs in, adds a product to their cart, and decides not to buy right then, their cart is saved to their login. When they come back, they may see an empty cart, and add the the product again as a guest. When they view the cart, it will be correct, and they will hit checkout, and login there, after they have already viewed their cart amounts.

Then opencart seems to merge the guest cart with the saved cart of last time they signed in, and they get double the amount of product.

That might be a bug actually? I know I would prefer the cart to not be saved, or at least notify them of the merge since they have already approved the amounts at that point.

rdvapors wrote:Hi this has been a problem from my first fresh install,

Here is the scenario,

Customer adds items to the cart,

Proceeds to checkout,

Goes through all the steps and accepts terms and conditions and clicks continue,

Reviews order and determines that they can spend more, then directly leaves the checkout process for Home or a Category, either by using the back button on the browser or a direct link.

Adds another item to the cart and proceeds to checkout,

Again goes through all the steps and clicks on continue,

Verifies the carts contents and totals, (at this point there is no indication in the cart that the items previous have been doubled)

Enters credit card info and clicks confirm.

Customer is taken to the success page.

Sounds normal right! Wrong, Looking at the sale (Sales>>Order), the items have been doubled from the previous checkout process. Mind you the customer did not enter any credit card information but did leave directly from a link or by using the back button. Either way the items get doubled. They do not get charged for the doubled items. But it is very annoying to see the invoice having double items. This happens in with stock checkout or custom checkout.

Is there a fix for this?
Last edited by joer80 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by joer80 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:37 pm

I am still having missing orders also. (Default Authorize.net AIM payment method.) About 1 missing order per day out of 20.

Does anyone else use auth.net with no issues? Or could this be a bug?

I have no clue how to trouble shoot this? Before I upgraded to 1.5.5.1, it was not a problem.

Post by Daniel » Fri May 17, 2013 11:56 pm

joer80 wrote:I think there is a way to get the cart to double your item quantities, but I don't know that it is a bug. (It might be..)

To fix the issue, you can add code to have the cart clear itself out when someone logs in. Here is how to reproduce the issue:

When someone signs in, adds a product to their cart, and decides not to buy right then, their cart is saved to their login. When they come back, they may see an empty cart, and add the the product again as a guest. When they view the cart, it will be correct, and they will hit checkout, and login there, after they have already viewed their cart amounts.

Then opencart seems to merge the guest cart with the saved cart of last time they signed in, and they get double the amount of product.

That might be a bug actually? I know I would prefer the cart to not be saved, or at least notify them of the merge since they have already approved the amounts at that point.
this is a feature called saved cart! stop complaining. this is how you think something should work! not a bug! if you want a custom cart pay for the coding yourself!
Last edited by i2Paq on Sat May 18, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [/quote] added

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by joer80 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:58 am

I did make the changes to clear the cart on sign in. Just trying to explain what is probably happening to his customers.

I do think it would be nice to have an option in the admin to use this saved cart feature though. That way people could uncheck it if they have problems with it.

Maybe even if the saved cart would only function if the guest cart was empty, that would be better. Or use one or the other instead of merging them silently.