Post by madimar » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:05 am

Eheh, think that I discovered it after your suggestion, years ago.
If you need support or have any question, don't hesitate to post here.
M

Sent from my DesireHD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by bLIGU » Mon May 20, 2013 7:15 pm

madimar wrote:and now?!? O0 Maybe my question is trivial... how do you use it? I tried creating a new project, specifying one of my local opencart installation folder and I can see all the folders and files tree in the left window, being able to browse and visualize files in the editor properly.
What can I do now? How can I do, some debugging sessions, i.e. with "step into" debug? Am I on the right route?

thanks in advance for your cooperation,
M
I have the same troubles than you. I'm trying for that last 48 hours...How I can debug in admin/controller/banner for exemple? I tryed with NetBeans and XDC but I can't resolve this issue. Please if u can help me with the NetBean config...

And I want to make a contribution with a fantàstic app: UwAmp. I know that there are many of that kind of apps but this one come with PHP (all existint versions)+Xdebug, MySQL, apache, PHPMyAdmin, SQLite and Xdebug Client. It's portale without installation. App and Opencart installed in 5 minutes :)

SeedsShop

Post by rph » Tue May 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Go to http://xdebug.org/wizard.php and confirm Xdebug is set up properly.

Once that's all set up in Netbeans go to Tools -> Options. In the General tab make sure you have Web Browser setup. I find Firefox tends to work the best but Chrome, IE, or Safari should do. Under the PHP tab go to Debugging. Unless you've changed these values (look in phpinfo) make sure Debugger Port is 9000 and Session ID is netbeans-xdebug. I also uncheck Stop at First Line but you can leave it while you're setting up the debugger.

Next go to the area of code you're trying to debug and click on the line number to insert a breakpoint. It will show as a pink square/code line. If you set an invalid breakpoint the icon will have a tear through it. Super important: if you are using vqmod you need to set the breakpoints in the vqcache file (e.g. vq2-admin_controller_banner.php) and not the original file. I once wasted an absurd amount of time troubleshooting the debugger because I'd forgotten I'd installed vqmod to the dev environment.

Then you press the Debug Project button and your browser will launch. It will go to the project index page in your browser and append the URL with debug session info like http://localhost/oc/1551/index.php?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=netbeans-xdebug. If you're going to be working in Admin more I would suggest editing your project and setting the index file to admin/index.php so you can start there.

Next go to the page you're trying to debug and Netbeans will break on the line of code. You can step through code, look at all the variables, etc. While setting up Xdebug I would recommend putting a break in the index.php file for testing so you're guaranteed to hit a breakpoint right away. You can also check out the Netbeans Xdebug wiki info for more tips at http://wiki.netbeans.org/HowToConfigureXDebug.

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by bLIGU » Wed May 22, 2013 8:12 pm

rph wrote:Super important: if you are using vqmod you need to set the breakpoints in the vqcache file (e.g. vq2-admin_controller_banner.php) and not the original file. I once wasted an absurd amount of time troubleshooting the debugger because I'd forgotten I'd installed vqmod to the dev environment.
Nice point!! I don't have the VQMod installed right now but I'm sure u saved me (and others) a lot of future nighmares ;)

Debug over catalog side it's working right now like a charm. But I have spend a lot of hours this morning trying to set up debug over admin side but I didn't!

I configured "http://xxxx/admin" in project URL and i Tryied with and without "index.php" in index file option. Afther that, I put many Breakpoints in Controller and Model section, and in the "admin/index.php" but nothing occurs. I did a lot of testings but no time program stops in the breakpoint line!

Please, can anyone help?

SeedsShop

Post by aanyad » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:49 pm

I am creating an e-commerce website using OpenCart and hostgator for hosting. I want to create a development environment with OpenCart installed on it so that I can view changes and edits without making them live. I also want an easy way to be able to save changes and push them to the live website.

Open cart developer from RWS | opencart development framework by RWS

Location - USA

Post by rph » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Here's some info on remote synchronization with Netbeans:

https://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/remote ... count.html

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by bifflowman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:52 am

Can anyone share how they setup codelobster to debug more than the index.php on OC? I am having no luck.

Location - Barrington IL

Post by madimar » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:39 pm

bifflowman wrote:Can anyone share how they setup codelobster to debug more than the index.php on OC? I am having no luck.
Dear, if your debug configuration works with index I think it will work also with all other pages. The process is really simple. You just need to press on the green "Play" button to start debuggin from index. Then, a new browser page will open starting from your homepage. From this point you debug where you want. Just put a breakpoint in the file you want analyze (typically a controller one) and through the browser navigate as usual going to desired page function.
If everything is set up correctly, at the breakpoint the execution will be blocked and you will be able to go on step by step, etc.

Let me know if you need further support. I've been using codelobster for ages now and it is excellent imho. I tried several time phped trial versions without being able to debug a simgle page...

Regards,

M

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by bifflowman » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks Madimar. That had me stumped.

Location - Barrington IL

Post by madimar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:53 am

Well, I'm really happy I helped you. Several years ago I tried to set up and use several debugging softwares (phped, Eclipse, etc.) losing my head without success. Then I discovered code lobster and I loved it immediately. One minute to set up and begin to use it and very easy. It is also free.
M

Inviato dal mio HTC Desire HD utilizzando Tapatalk

Post by kiranraju » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:17 pm

@madimar i just installed the opencart in windows system as you said i installed CodeLobster as development environment. How should i import that installed opencart folder as project into CodeLobster. This issue i faced with many of the existing IDE like Eclipse PDT, Atpana studio and Eclipse neon.

Here is the my problem definition.

I have opencart installed folder under xampp/htdocs/PRT how should i import this folder to either one of IDE. I recently tried in my ubuntu machine i fail to address this issue and i came back to windows to make it possible.

Can you please try to understand my problem and give a suggestion as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards.